Prawn pot rope.

Chuck

Typically put the 4oo+ feet of rope for pots inside the pots for storage but don’t want to fight with that any longer. In the way and tangled.
Would like to find a good tough plastic basket or barrel that could handle that amount of rope. Interested to hear how others manage their pot rope. Thanks,

I used a big blue garbage can with the wheels on one side of the bottom. I just stick it in the back corner of the boat while running. I can cram 3 600 foot runs in it . Then I pack a smaller tote with another 600 feet in it for my last 2 traps.

I have used these muck buckets for years and for a variety of things. Sometimes, I see them at Canadian Tire, Costco or Princess Auto.

52549781.jpg

I use the roughneck bins but the rectangle shape doesn’t help it coil well inside

Good idears, thanks.
Was able to find a 10 gap Brute plastic garbage can. Holds 450ft. of rope and the buoy. Have to put it to work to see how the set up functions.

Typically put the 4oo+ feet of rope for pots inside the pots for storage but don’t want to fight with that any longer. In the way and tangled.
Would like to find a good tough plastic basket or barrel that could handle that amount of rope. Interested to hear how others manage their pot rope. Thanks,
just so you'r not called a landlubber or a cowboy-buy rope in a store-take it on a boat and it's called a line-bowline, trapline...

Back