Prawn Melts

Osama Bin Hopper

Well, that time of year again when I start hauling sea bugs up from the depths. This recipe is great with fresh or leftover prawns.

1 cup chopped up cooked prawn meat
2 tbspn mayo
1 tsp hot mustard
old bay seasoning
1/4 rib celery diced
1 tbspn diced onion
salt
pepper
favorite cheese

mix together above excluding cheese.

Spoon mixture onto slices of french bread and top with grated cheese.

Bake in oven a few mins then finish off with broiler to brown cheese.

Really good with some cooked crab meat mixed in or as a substitute as well.;)

Gimee the gaff!!!

Thanks for that one. I think I'll try that tomorrow night with some homemade soup. Should warm me up after chasing blacktails in the rain:D.

"I'm not talkin bout pleasure boatin or day sailin......I'm talkin bout workin for a livin"- Captain Quint

Tried it out OBH and it was a hit. Had to find the OB seasoning at THRIFTY FOODS. Forgot to take photos. My bad. Oh well I'm going to try straight crab next time:D.

"I'm not talkin bout pleasure boatin or day sailin......I'm talkin bout workin for a livin"- Captain Quint

Osama ..or anyone.. where can you buy old bay seasoning?
thanks

I buy it out of the US my self my folks bring it home for me. If you can not find it let me know. I can get it for you.I may even have some here. If you are who I think you are you live near by but I could be wrong maybe you are someone else.

You can buy Old Bay seasoning at both Triffty Foods or Super Store in Courtenay......... I bought some yesterday at Super Store of $3.99 for a small yellow tin can.

SS

Back