Prairie boy heading to the Shuswaps, needs help!

B

browny

Good day all! Being a member of a fishing forum in Manitoba, I thought to myself "who better to ask about my upcoming trip to the Shuswaps than members of a fishing forum in BC?" Great looking site by the way! So I'm asking as I have only been to BC once before, and never on the Shuswaps. I understand these lakes are super deep, is there much chance of catching fish there without a downrigger? Any hints, tips, insults, are all appreciated! And if any of you are coming out this way for some more world class freshwater fishing, look up our board here in MB.

www.manitobaanglers.com

Thanks in advance for any help!

Tight lines and all that rot.

not a ton of experience in that area, but i have done it 3 times. try inflow/outflow streams with a spoon imitating the size of the bait in the area. a super small dick nite is my fav in copper/silver, or a 3 inch blue/white tomic plug. downriggers are nice but not essential. big rainbows, lake trout, or small kokanee are the likely catches. maybe burbot if u do that routine, but i have no experience there.

Try anything small and red/orange trolled a few ft below the surface. focus on points of land.

Some like it rough...
Others just puke!.

Mr. Dean

Back