Powell River 2015

went out for a couple hours this morning after tide change. picked one up about 12 lbs lost one and released one all on plugs in vananda.

Heading into Desolation this weekend. Any reports around Sarah Point or Lewis Channel? I may also burn over and try Grants Reef. Any thing happening there yet? This weekend is all about seeing and fishing new territory. I will report when I return. Thanks in advance.

Most fish Powell area being caught below 140 on 407 plugs or green white coyotes of the guys I fish and talk with. If going up this side try the reef at Savary heading into Shearwater passage 140 deep 120 down. Some nice fish coming in from Sarah Point as well and off Lund towards the Raggeds or Copelands as they are on the chart. Limekiln Bay just on the top east end of Texada has also had some nice fishing on and off this week. Find the wreck on Grant Reefs marked by the black float 49.52N 124.49W and fish the contours towards the reef Bell Buoy

Fished yesterday, Vananda in the early morning, saw a couple taken by other boats. When the wind calmed down we went around to Coho Pt. Picked up 2 10-12lbers on orange flasher and wonder bread spoons, 110 down in 260 of water. Put the good ole 407 plug on and picked up a high teener, same depths.

Came out of comox-tried coho pt for the low-lots of boats no nets-not a sniff-went up to Grants and finally got a 17 for my daughter on chovy

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 712
Went to Grants for the low tide, saw nothing on the sounder. Stayed for 1.5 hours and decided to head to Kitty in hopes of finding something better. Looks like we missed a couple of beauties at Grants ;) Nice day in the sun anyway.

Coho Pt has been on fire the last couple days. Went out this afternoon at 6, had 6 fish to the boat by 830. 200 down in 250 to 300 of water. On the chovey. Smallest 14 to 19.

harwood has been great fishing the last few days. we hooked about a dozen springs all on plugs , 75 - 170 on the rigggers

usually the east side but it can be productive all the way around the island. the sand banks and the spit are probably the most fished areas.

At least his answer wasn't in code....bwahaha!!
No you're right-good straightforward answer to a simple question-simple courtesy on a forum like this. If you need to talk "in code" use a cell or if you're really secretive-don't post!! Course that assumes the poster has two clues anyway and his info is worth having.

Never fished off harwood- just for info where abouts around Harwood do you normally fish?
SF, you can look on the regs and see the closure from June 15 to Aug 15 I believe. It's kind of known as the backside of Harwood. Fishing is really good on the contours. Really good for winter springs as well.

SF, you can look on the regs and see the closure from June 15 to Aug 15 I believe. It's kind of known as the backside of Harwood. Fishing is really good on the contours. Really good for winter springs as well.
Much appreciated-doubt I'll do it but good to know another spot if I get wiped out at Grants etc. Thanks again.

Up Toba on the weekend. Seemed like one or two bites came on a day, then it was SLOW. We tubbed out, but out of 36 guys in our derby 11 didn't weigh in a fish. Two tyee's caught, this one by me was 32lbs. Got to laugh, the second tyee weighs in at 31.5lbs in the round. I think we are still golden. BUT official weight is gutted and gilled. His is a male and mine is a ***** with big egg sacks. I get second by an ounce. Lots of laughs. A couple of others had some big fish on as well only to see victory slip away. That's why it's called fishing not catching. Lots of fun. Fish half spooled me by the time the second rod was up. Ran like a freight train.

chucks salmon.jpg

Up Toba on the weekend. Seemed like one or two bites came on a day, then it was SLOW. We tubbed out, but out of 36 guys in our derby 11 didn't weigh in a fish. Two tyee's caught, this one by me was 32lbs. Got to laugh, the second tyee weighs in at 31.5lbs in the round. I think we are still golden. BUT official weight is gutted and gilled. His is a male and mine is a ***** with big egg sacks. I get second by an ounce. Lots of laughs. A couple of others had some big fish on as well only to see victory slip away. That's why it's called fishing not catching. Lots of fun. Fish half spooled me by the time the second rod was up. Ran like a freight train.

View attachment 18456

Nice work. You fishing this weekend?

Back