Powell River 2014

Had a fun day Saturday as part of the local Muni Derby, Weight in was on the backside of Harwood Island. Winning fish was 23lbs from Vanada second was a 21lbs nailed at the sandbanks. Most boats had fish I was one of the lucky few to get skunked not for lack of trying. It was one of those days where your chasing the action but probably should have just stayed put and saved the fuel. Good times great prizes. Look forward to next year!

Bigger fish are now showing up everywhere. Coho, Van Anda, Iron Mines and of course Grants. Lots of fish in the mid to upper 20's. Here we go!

Where is Iron mines exactly? Googled but couldn't find anything... From what I could find t's on NE end of Texada is it not?

Where is Iron mines exactly? Googled but couldn't find anything... From what I could find t's on NE end of Texada is it not?

No Iron mines is just south of Lund. It's basically between Lund and Hurtado Point/Bay

The point on Texada us locals call Coho point is called Kiddie Point on your charts.

Did a few passes off north end of texada skunked, did well off grants at 90 feet with various gear. Picked up a 16 lost a bigger and lots of action on fish just under

I'll second that. Where is the Greek wall? That's one I've never heard of....

It is "old Church house" area. An area around the first bay north of Hole in the Wall. There used to be an old Church on the IR in the bay. Since then the IR moved camp over to New Church House which is across Calm Channel on the mainland.

Fished Grants last night. The bite was fast and furious until about 8ish. Kept 3 released 4. Would have been nice to have the new regs in place for Coho. Managed a ling to boot. All in all a great night on the water. Nice to see some of our neighbours from the Island make the trip over. Lots of boats that looked unfamiliar. Everyone seemed to have the nets out.

It is "old Church house" area. An area around the first bay north of Hole in the Wall. There used to be an old Church on the IR in the bay. Since then the IR moved camp over to New Church House which is across Calm Channel on the mainland.

Fished Grants last night. The bite was fast and furious until about 8ish. Kept 3 released 4. Would have been nice to have the new regs in place for Coho. Managed a ling to boot. All in all a great night on the water. Nice to see some of our neighbours from the Island make the trip over. Lots of boats that looked unfamiliar. Everyone seemed to have the nets out.

Hi Charlie415. We fished Grants Tuesday night. Were you out there by chance. Fun to fish new structure. Was a treat to fish a little shallower(than Kitty). Fished spoons chrome-green coyote 5 and 6`s at 60-120 and managed our limit. Nice night out there for sure.

Not out on Tuesday. On nights like that it is easy to see why you would make the crossing. I think it is actually a little closer from Kitty than from Westview. Nice to see everyone into fish. What boat are you running Seagal, I will keep an eye out for you. I am in a 2359 Trophy with a 171q cooler on the back.

Did at trip up to Campbell river this week on my friends 33 Blackfin. It was our first time up your way, fished sangster, Campbell river hump and green can and grants. Nothing at sangster on the way up, and only coho in the Campbell river area. Grants was on fire, we stoped first on the way up and hit a few nice ones on the afternoon bite. Today we hit grants again on our way back down the coast and the fishing was killer. Thanks Charlie415 for the report, we may have stuck it out at the green can if it wasn't for your report. We were hitting coho and springs non stop, doubles triples. Irish cream spoon, green spatter back ace high and the same in blue did a lot of damage, the green getting the big ones into the 20 pound plus range. Also ran a 500 plug. Depth 156 and up worked well. Grants made the trip in fact one of the better days we have had any where. Thanks. Crazy rough on the way back though.

Did at trip up to Campbell river this week on my friends 33 Blackfin. It was our first time up your way, fished sangster, Campbell river hump and green can and grants. Nothing at sangster on the way up, and only coho in the Campbell river area. Grants was on fire, we stoped first on the way up and hit a few nice ones on the afternoon bite. Today we hit grants again on our way back down the coast and the fishing was killer. Thanks Charlie415 for the report, we may have stuck it out at the green can if it wasn't for your report. We were hitting coho and springs non stop, doubles triples. Irish cream spoon, green spatter back ace high and the same in blue did a lot of damage, the green getting the big ones into the 20 pound plus range. Also ran a 500 plug. Depth 156 and up worked well. Grants made the trip in fact one of the better days we have had any where. Thanks. Crazy rough on the way back though.

Great to hear you enjoyed Grants. It's always been a local hot spot. I also heard mystery reef has been awesome the last few days.

These reports are getting boring, Grants was on fire this morning made our limit on springs easy. My buddy whacked at Hali on the afternoon tide by the wreck. Only one coho. Fished plugs all morning I think I'm putting the flashers away until winter.

Grants was very good today. Nice assortment of springs and coho. Had family from Montreal with me,and Quote " didn't think salmon pulled quite so hard... Ha ha Biggest around 20.

This area will never be the same...... Jeffywestcoast is on his way to give it a go with Spring Fever and myself :)

Brought my spare pair of lead boots in case we need them. Don't ask what happened to the other set :)

Back