Pot Puller Opinion..

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade / Wanted Forum' started by Unclebud, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Unclebud

Unclebud New Member

I am looking to upgrade my Pot Puller. Considering a “ Big Kahuna”. Any thoughts?

2. Ceilidh69

Ceilidh69 Member

Ace line hauler Brutus has worked well for me.

3. scotty

scotty Active Member

2nd that!

4. paguy

paguy Active Member

3rd That!

5. Buckethead905

Buckethead905 Member

4th that, make sure you get the hands-free option.

6. Wild Bill

Wild Bill Active Member

Anytime someone brings up big kahuna the thread is immediately steered in a different direction. He must have really offended this forum. Looks not bad to me other than welding in piks looks a little armature.

7. scotty

scotty Active Member

I've only ever seen people selling them after there used, generally around 300. I've never really done a lot of research in the big kahuna. in all honesty I've only used an Ace, my buddy has a Scotty and I think I'd still stick with mine! They operate great and the hands free option is awesome. What's big kahunas warranty like? Sounds like Ace is great!

8. Fixit

Fixit Well-Known Member

the kahuna uses an el chepo winch motor, i built one myself nearly identical years back... and bought an ace brutus several months later.....stick with a professional product like the ace.

9. Wild Bill

Wild Bill Active Member

Well I would be willing to receive one for free and in return review it over a year or two.

10. Unclebud

Unclebud New Member

Thanks you all for your input!
    Looks like Brutus wins the day.

11. the fog ducker

the fog ducker Well-Known Member

http://acelinehauler.com/products

best bang for your buck
    newest high torque version
    2nd year now with the auto coiler
    sit back and enjoy ur pops , zero assist , does all the work for you

note *** i use 10 gauge ( 30 amp ) wires on my riggers and puller , 30 or even 40 amp protection
    way more juice and power than the recommended 12 gauge ( 20 amp ) wiring , ( Voltage drop power loss )

m2b

FD

Derby likes this.
  12. Gear'n'beer!

Gear'n'beer! Well-Known Member

I have an old Ace before the hands free......been meaning to update mine.Only problems I have had is the switch falling apart. Called them up and they send one right away. I like the ace because they don't pull the traps into your boat with the large boom, downside to that is they take up a lot of real estate compared to the Scotty.

I think if I had a smaller boat I might be inclined to go with the Scotty, especially if you are a fish while your soaking guy.

Got lots of room then get an ace, both local product with great warrantee.

13. Unclebud

Unclebud New Member

Thanks Fog Ducker! On order as we speak.

14. the fog ducker

the fog ducker Well-Known Member

most power outta all the ones ive played with , ( other than the larger davit type permanent types )

you will love it , get the self coiler for sure !!

hv fun

felix

15. Corey_lax

Corey_lax Active Member

The hands free accessory goes on older ones too, not just the max torque. Unless yours isn’t the “Brutus” model that I have

16. Corey_lax

Corey_lax Active Member

Question for you guys... are the new red storage bags bigger than the old blue bags? Mine fits too tight in the blue bag once I added hands free. I assume the new bags accommodate the handsfree better?

17. BigReel

BigReel Active Member

I have the red bag and it fits the puller perfectly with the handsfree installed. I think it even mentioned on the box that it is made to fit with hands free.