Post Your Shout Outs Here

Was hoping that my first post would be a great fishing report but instead I’m injured on the D.L for the rest of the season.
So instead I am posting a big shout to the members of this group. Your stories are great. The informative reports are great and allow me to fish vicariously through you. They also show that there is fish out there and not all is doom and gloom.
The information you provide is invaluable and I hope to put to good use next year.
Heal up! Welcome to the forum and get out there as soon as you’re up to it.
How big is the beard?!

I'll throw a shout out to Brad and his crew at Seabeam Lodge for making my first fishing trip to Bamfield a really great experience. We stayed in one of the cabins (Atco Trailers) which I found to be very comfortable. Brad and his staff were very helpful when I was picking their brains to learn more about fishing the local waters. Definitely will return.

7949E8BE-3633-43B5-AF02-54824BF30922.jpeg Happy Thanksgiving from Michael Keaton and family. It’s our little pumpkin’s very first.
Hope you all filled your freezers as much as @Original did.
My debacle of winter fishing will be coming soon to the Sidney reports
Cheers!

I'm resurrecting this one. I met another beauty member this weekend. About a week ago @Aces, whom I've never met before, offered to go and meet a guy that neither of us had met before to pick up a radar for me. He verified that the radar looked in tact and I transferred the seller the cash. He then stored this giant box in his garage for a week until I could make the trip to come pick it up. He asked for nothing in return. I was heading up island to go see a buddies new house so it was a quick hello and goodbye. Yet another shining light from this forum. Thanks again Sha... I mean Aces. ;)

I'm resurrecting this one. I met another beauty member this weekend. About a week ago @Aces, whom I've never met before, offered to go and meet a guy that neither of us had met before to pick up a radar for me. He verified that the radar looked in tact and I transferred the seller the cash. He then stored this giant box in his garage for a week until I could make the trip to come pick it up. He asked for nothing in return. I was heading up island to go see a buddies new house so it was a quick hello and goodbye. Yet another shining light from this forum. Thanks again Sha... I mean Aces. ;)
That is really solid!

A special thank you to @tannerc.

I had a wanted ad for rocket launchers and there was one in nanaimo which is too far away. Tanner was kind enough to reach out and offer to pick it up for me and drop it off next time he or a bud drove down to my neck of the woods.
He then shipped it to me without telling me and it showed up today in the mail. He wouldn’t even accept payment for the shipping!

thank you so much! It’s people like you that make this forum awesome

I’m on cloud 9!

I dropped off the boat for the new power install this morning :)

On the way back to my place, I decided to treat myself to a little sausage n’ egger, couple of hash browns and a Joe from the Golden Arches.

With two order windows I picked the faster one. However the guy beside me finished his order at the same time. We pulled up and I gave him the go ahead wave. He thanked me and smiled.
then I got to the window to pay for breaky and the lady working said the guy in front of me took care of it. FREEBIE!

I know it’s a long shot he’ll see this but if he does thank you so much to the young man with the black toque in the grand Cherokee.

It’s good to tell like stories like this to remind us all that in times like this, people can be kind and not always selfish, even millennials!

Peace,
Stizz

I’m on cloud 9!

I dropped off the boat for the new power install this morning :)

On the way back to my place, I decided to treat myself to a little sausage n’ egger, couple of hash browns and a Joe from the Golden Arches.

With two order windows I picked the faster one. However the guy beside me finished his order at the same time. We pulled up and I gave him the go ahead wave. He thanked me and smiled.
then I got to the window to pay for breaky and the lady working said the guy in front of me took care of it. FREEBIE!

I know it’s a long shot he’ll see this but if he does thank you so much to the young man with the black toque in the grand Cherokee.

It’s good to tell like stories like this to remind us all that in times like this, people can be kind and not always selfish, even millennials!

Peace,
Stizz
Thats awesome...fyi..the guy was driving a "grand jeep suv"? https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a35568468/cherokee-nation-jeep-stop-using-name/

Last edited:
Wife went to the grocery store yesterday. The guy in front of her paid for his groceries, and then asked the casher for 2 lotto tickets and paid for them. Than turned to my wife and handed her the tickets and said have a good day and I hope you win and walked away. Wife was thrilled and was talking to the casher what a great thing that was. The casher then told her about a guy before Christmas that paid for a persons groceries and his and the bill was over $500 and he had hardly any groceries. There is lots of great people out there.

Well this shout out goes to one of the best guys I've dealt with on this forum and maker of this thread @Stizzla (Steve) a true top notch guy, helping myself out with the purchase of his 90 Honda and also the kind words he has given myself regarding my wife and I having to go through IVF to have a child. Its not an easy thing to go through and very expensive and I cant say enough how much I appreciate the timing and the process of the purchase with you Steve!

cheers to you buddy!

I may be missing something but how do we open a thread at the last post instead
Of the first...tyia

I may be missing something but how do we open a thread at the last post instead
Of the first...tyia

The easiest way is to click on the time stamp for the latest post in the right hand column that also shows the username of the member that created the latest post.

Well one of us tried to go fishing this afternoon, but as I was driving by the Somenos Marsh, a guy passed me, honked and did the pull over wave. I looked in my mirror, and sure enough smoke was coming from one of my trailer tires. So shout out to him for alerting me.
I pulled into the Forestry Centre to evaluate the situation and after about ten minutes,decided I could make it to Crappy Tire about half a kilometres drive away. Pulled into the Crappy Tire lot, and she was hot again. I always carry tools with me ,but as luck would have it, I didn't have a punch or hammer. So I went inside to buy said tools and a set of bearings. While I was changing the bearings at least four guys stopped by to ask if I needed a hand, and one guy offered his tools. It's kind of a one man job, so I didn't take anyone up on their offer. But a big shout out to everyone who offered help! It's good to know that if you are really suck, there are still good people, who will help a stranger.
BTW no fish were killed, caught, or molested in any way as a result of this mishap.

Just want to give a shout out to forum member Hardy Guy. After reading on here about reel repair guys and getting a response from HG I sent him 2 of my old Penn reels. Both reels have come back cleaned and seem to be running smooth as glass. Very reasonable pricing for what he did even with shipping back and forth from eastern AB to Port Hardy.

First one I’m not sure how old it was it’s a 149 Longbeach I purchased about 15 years back from a used store up in Nanaimo country some where. I used it as a Hali reel for a couple years then last time out in Ukee it piled up on us, line out at 300’ of course and had to hand bomb it in.

The other reel is quite a special reel to me and really is the reason I got them fixed, if it was just the 149 I wouldn’t have bothered but the 60 Longbeach is special. The 60 my father bought back in 1975 I still remember him coming home with them. He bought 2 - 60’s rigged on some salmon rods. I don’t remember the rods as they have been gone for a few years now but as I remember they were typical of the day and quite short stout rods nothing I would use today. But for a logger from the bush in Alberta it was very unusual to be rigged up and fishing for salmon back in those days. My father was very passionate about fishing and in particular salmon fishing. He didn’t know a lot about it back then as he was only getting started but we learned as time went on. I have many a fond and some not so fond memories of trolling with those reels. We fished Cambell River and Port McNeill particularly Telegraph Cove back when it was still Telegraph Cove and not the tourist trap it is today, we started there in 1978 even before there was a camp site, we stayed at the boat launch at Bear Cove. But I spent many many a day with those reels in hand. When father passed back in 1997 I got one of the reel set ups. I never did use it but kept it as a back up and as I remember it never did work all that well as long as I had it. So I boxed it up and sent it off. Like the other it has come back to what feels like running like new. I put it on the salmon rod I first bought for myself back in 1998 it’s a 9’ Berkley and it will be used by my Grandchildren as a salmon rod until they get used to using mooching reels. I have 3 sons one married with 3 children and 2 on their way to getting married so by the looks of it Lord willing that reel will be used for a good many years yet.

Sorry for the long post but just wanted to share, so a big thank you to Hardy Guy for a job well done. My Grandchildren will enjoy it.

51138092708_c5ab5c087d_k.jpg

51138651744_f1c94f3219_k.jpg

Back