Possible closures to fishing, MPA’s

Glad to see the big NGO groups are still running the government.

yep and there is about 1-2k sports fishermen in bc that care. The rest of the 200k + Licence holders don’t care enough to write a letter or sign a petition.

the sad fact seems to be that even among sports fishermen there is a tiny amount that seem to care about all the access were loosing.

im bitter but that what I’m seeing

yep and there is about 1-2k sports fishermen in bc that care. The rest of the 200k + Licence holders don’t care enough to write a letter or sign a petition.
the sad fact seems to be that even among sports fishermen there is a tiny amount that seem to care about all the access were loosing.
im bitter but that what I’m seeing
yep
a lot of bitter fishers, but it is what it is and it is not likely to change any time soon.

People fight back about what they truly care about. Always been that way. If the public fishing sector doesn't start to push back and push back hard now, then we get what we deserve.

No one is throwing anyone under the bus or blaming others here. If you have any experience with working with the public (rec) fishing sector you will soon realize that the vast majority of public fishers don't do much to support the sector in terms of time, money and applying the ongoing political pressure for change. It is almost always the same few that do most of the work to promote this sector. How do I know this, 10 years of volunteering experience has shown this to be true. Just look at circumstances this sector has been in for the last several years if you don't believe me. How did we get here - not through tens of thousands of rec fishers working hard together to save the public fishery that's for sure! Time to wake up and smell the coffee and get our collective rears in gear!

I surely hope this changes and fast, or the public fishery on this coast will be like that on the east coast - virtually non-existent. So I say it is time to unite, organize and push back in large numbers to get the politicians to take notice. Now is the time folks!

Wanted, needed to bring this back up, still sick from what they are proposing. Like many of you I am so angered by this and the lack of reporting on it. This whole thread is an excellent read, if we all don't start making some noise we not be sport fishing in BC for much longer. Stand up and tell everyone, write letters, call your MP, write the papers........Dam it we must do something. Sport fishermen are not the enemy.

Back