Port Renfrew Reports -- Spring and Summer 2011

juandesooka

Headed out on Monday looking for some fun Halibut fishing close to home, well we found them. We where targeting the Halibut with our 6ft Ugly sticks and we laid into then with four in the boat and released 2. What a blast, we will try and remember the cam next time. Could not find any silver, but the weather has not being very nice to travel far.. Hope this weather improves for this long weekend.

Nothing like telling the truth about real life; seems like someone doesn't like my comments about their "marina", so my last comment was deleted, unfortunately word does travel fast.

Post it again maybe under another location, some just prefer to sweep the dirt under the carpet.I guess money does talk after all

Jackel and Sammyslabber: briefly summarized....he questioned price increases against security issues. He then accused them of being communists.

On another note, I hope to get up to Renfrew for a fish this weekend ... fingers crossed to be able to post a good report!

Thanks for clarifying everything Juan there's always two sides to the story.

Maybe he's to busy to post or he's keeping his eye on the the fav. fishing town site by the way J.W I just added a couple more votes for Reni.
Good luck!
Sammy

Fished Friday and Saturday for Hali's... weather was great so we went for a good burn both days...done by 9 each day...30lbs to 70lbs

Out at Colite and camper today and no bites at all. I guess you guys must be talking about the bank having some good fishing eh? Hopefully some will be showing up soon in close, but man was it nice to fish up there with all that awesome scenery!

Owen pt to the Rock pile all in the afternoon 3:30 on with the high water 11 springs to the boat in an hour 615-20lbs and the rest 7-10 all hatchery except the big one

Are you guys getting Hali's in close also?I've only fished off carmanah for Halis close to shore.Do they come in to shore this time off year around owen and Camper?
Thanks

Back