Port Alberni Derby

just came off the water for a bit.

top fish a few mins ago was 34.6 , 30.8, 30.6

tons of mackerel, slow fishing, got some nice coho

thanks to seafever for the tackle help! amazing.

also like to note top fish so far is a women!! woot!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ain't it always the women.....LOL

Ask her what hand lotion she's using and rub some on your hoochy.......LOL

Today, my friends went to fishing in Alberni Inelt. He cought a 15 lbs spring, 4 lost springs and one mackerel at Cous creek bay

Ain't it always the women.....LOL

Alice is a Local Gal, married to Walter, a now retired commercial troller. He spent more than a few years in the charter business as well. Between the two of them, they are kinda like Local Ringers! LOL!

And oh, btw, they both shoot and hunt - Very Well that is. I'd suggest just a little caution in the word play... :cool:

Cheers,
Nog

Fished from 7-3 and only had two bites. One shaker and one 15 pounder. Both on anchovie. Tried tons of gear. Didn't see many of fish caught considering there was probably 1000 boats. Got windy in the afternoon. Disappointing start for us.

I thought a fishing hoochy was spelled just like that :- hoochy

I was referring to the fact that in many derbies and other places,when there is a female aboard fishing, time and time again they will nail big fish. By design or accident I don't know.

I have often wondered if it had anything to do with them applying a hand lotion at some point earlier...which many women do as a daily ritual......and then handling a spoon or hoochy later, thereby leaving a residue....which the fish might find desirable.

If the post came across as baudy and obnoxious...which to me it didn't.......then the rest of you need to start going to Sunday school.

I have heard of huts in Viet Nam being described in wartime as a "hooch".

I have have heard of "hoochy-koochy women"

I have never heard of a male reproductive appendage being referred to as a "hoochy".

wtf?

By the way:- Rob from Pac Net Parksville was up there last weekend and nailed a 35 pounder.
He used a pink/chrome 4" TKO spoon which was 44 inches behind the flasher.
I saw a cell-phone pic of the fish.

Last edited by a moderator:
Today's (September 2) Update:

1st Roland Goehl 33.6

2nd Paul Wagner 33.5

3rd Walter Kempton 28.3

Interesting to note that yesterday's Biggie still stands, and that her husband Walter was 3rd today.

Guess the two kinda know what they're doing out there! :cool:

Cheers,
Nog

Skunked today! Tried everything known to man. I give up.

someone was getting bumped off 3rd and hour ago. not sure if it was before or after your report nog. it was on the cleaning table beside me. all beauties. anyone catching fish should be proud.

this is my first derby and wow its tough going. most people are packing it in by 12-1. some going out for the night bite. id stay out all day but my partner is fished out. Beauty day today and looks like it will be a calm night unlike last night.

they wernt 100% but around 229 fish weighed in at clutisie yesterday and 118 today so far.

got one more fish today to get for hidden weight and mabey 2 bites all day wtf. one more chance tomorrow. :cool:

229 fish yesterday and 118 today so far.........well it's not THAT slow.....

Iron Noggin;- where are the Kempton's fishing?.....down the end of the Inlet?

229 fish yesterday and 118 today so far.........well it's not THAT slow.....

Iron Noggin;- where are the Kempton's fishing?.....down the end of the Inlet?
Considering there was about 1000 boats Saturday and 500 Sunday, I'd say that's slow.

someone was getting bumped off 3rd and hour ago. not sure if it was before or after your report nog. it was on the cleaning table beside me. all beauties. anyone catching fish should be proud.

Yup, Ol' Walt got bumped by Mike Leger from Fleming Island with his 30.2 pounder. Not all that often an afternoon or evening fish bumps the numbers.

Walt and Alice are back at it again this am of course. Think Point Blank! :cool:

Good Luck to those fishing it!!

Cheers,
Nog

I would call it DEAD SLOW fishing

2010 Derby had 701 fish weighed in
2011 Derby had over 2500 fished weighed in

It so far looks like this years (2012) derby will have far less than 500 fish weighed in

Back