Port Alberni / Bamfield Reports - Spring and Summer 2011

Nice haul Osama. Congrats. Maybe leave some for us Campbell River fishers since there's no fish here? Definitely going back there.

Nice haul O. Guess I should have run down instead of playing with bugs on Saturday...but they are yummy.

Spent the day out around Bamfield today,15,12 and a 10 with a few others lost.All hatchery and caught on anchovy.Went out for a hour trying to catch a flatty,a bamfield guide pulled up right beside me and dropped his gear.I guess it's okay when they do it,I must have been on HIS spot

Spent the day out around Bamfield today,15,12 and a 10 with a few others lost.All hatchery and caught on anchovy.Went out for a hour trying to catch a flatty,a bamfield guide pulled up right beside me and dropped his gear.I guess it's okay when they do it,I must have been on HIS spot

bit of a trollish statement.. was he 200' away or "right beside you"? come on, we are all out there sportsfishing and if any boat pulls up and fishes in the vicinity of your or my boat consider it a fellow fishermans right. as long as hes not on your gear or planting 50' behind you.. say high and wish them luck, that is all. good work on the springers. i share info with guides all the time, they share info back, bamfield is a lot friendlier fisherman to fisherman than any place i have ever been.. i hope it stays that way.

Well I was not going to go here but may as well, as I'm sure I'm the one referred to by Albernifisher. After hanging on anchor for a couple of hours the wind and tide switched direction and as our gear was maybe going to catch slack anchor line so I cut loose and drifted away. Sometimes I start my kicker and back the boat around into new position and carry on, but this was the better option on Sunday. It's easy to come back and clip on after things swing around and settle down.
After drifting for awhile one of the guys in the boat says, hey that guy is going to steal your anchor(couple of cops), so we pull up and go back and clip on. There's a boat about forty feet away drifting. Didn't steal the anchor but had been close enough to read the well marked floats, Rocky Point Charters, Halibut anchor.
My guess is he figured he may as well take avantage of my chum slick. No worry's on my part as I knew half an hour later he would be half a mile away.
In this case I think it was MY spot. You guys can figure out who the morron is.
As trophywife says and many on here know, almost all Bamfield guides will give out good info. Anyone who pm's me will get the info they need, if I can help, and lots on the forum know that. I quite often give my cell # to people I've never met and tell them to call me when they get on the water and I give them up to minute info.
I think you shoud know the facts when people start bashing others.
I've spent about 70 days on the water this year and could provide lots of info and pictures but heaven forbid if you use two balls. It's no wonder we don't post more.
Ken

One has to wonder why on earth your float wasn't visible from that distance, guess he missed it. There are always two sides to a story, appreciate you setting the record straight.

Back