point roberts to ganges crossing

screaminreels

wife booked us an my two daughters into a hotel in ganges for tomorrow night havent done the crossi g in years. big wave dave calling for 15 nw all morning dropping to 10 . i have a 228 seafarer wouldnt worry if just me but dont want to wreck boating for the girls age 4 & 6 . any thoughts on how ruff it could be appreciated

what you could do and I have done it many times get behind a ferry let him break the waves for you. looking at it wait till mid afternoon to cross

I'm heading across from steveston in our 26ft tommorow afternoon. We could cross together if you like. I know the feeling with little ones on board

hey thanks for the ferry idea and to chris for the offer much appreciated and i hope you have a smooth crossing .We decided to put it off for a week

I came from Sooke to crescent beach today and have done the crossing from Crescent Beach through Active Pass about a dozen times. I have found both Big Wave Dave and environment Canada's forecast to basically be the worst case scenario. Best bet is to check the current conditions on environment Canada. There is a Tsawwassen wind report.

http://weather.gc.ca/marine/region_e.html?mapID=03

Today was calling for 5 knots on BWD
Enviorment Canada had a wind warning in effect with winds increasing 15 to 20 knots in the evening.
here is what we encountered coming across.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 117
Back