Plug thread tip's and tricks

I love Lyman plugs, I too have a collection of original woodies. The new ones are molded plastic and, yes they are made in China(what isn't these days?). I have had them tested by TEAM HAIDA Lure members and they have had some success with them on the last few trips this past week. They do work, and I will continue to support Collin and his team at Lyman Lures as much as I can. :)

View attachment 39389

Yup ive fished a couple of them with the wifes uncle, lost a decent rainbow on the pink and pokadot but I still love my original lymans more lol

The original was hard to beat even without the nice pink stripe. I've got one 7 incher littered with teeth marks from bashing slabs off the west coast. Semed to do well in clearish green-blue water.

Yes I was referring to your RVP2-G26Lii model - I once had the bidding amongst buddies up over $50 bucks for that plug before I decided I had best keep it!

I think that plug would just let me down year after year. lol

.... but I have never used them around Vancouver ( n arm, s arm, west van, Bowen, etc) does anyone kill em around here with plugs. U never here about it.
There are times when they're on fire but those times are few & far between.

Small white plugs can be deadly for winter Springs over toward Gibsons.

Hey boys. Always fish tomic plugs when I'm up in Campbell river (second home) and have caught some monsters with em. So fun with big plug and no flasher, but I have never used them around Vancouver ( n arm, s arm, west van, Bowen, etc) does anyone kill em around here with plugs. U never here about it.
Our Pro Staff Warren with First Fish Charters has been successful with J-Plugs around Bowen the last couple months. Green one is called Two Face and then Bloody Nose. But you're right not many guys fishing plugs on this side.
twoface.jpg bloodynose.jpg jplugs.jpg

what kind of hooks are you running on your tomics there stormtrooper are those the north pacific black clawpoints?

Do you have the #'s for these plugs
IMG_20180315_213914_335.jpg IMG_20180315_214525_226.jpg IMG_20180426_192647_957.jpg IMG_20180426_193107_591.jpg

Hey StormTrooper, just wondering about the welded rings that most of your plugs have. Do you get Tomic to put them on or do you do it yourself. And I know there is a good reason for them, care to share???

Oly

Good point about the ring: I was taught to tie opposite the weld back in the late 1970's when I first started using Tomics.

Does anybody know anything about this plug? I can tell you it’s wood and I assume a commercial plug.

Attachments

• CA6C6E62-FF15-4E03-BB09-331688E4F1DA.png
    CA6C6E62-FF15-4E03-BB09-331688E4F1DA.png
    2 MB · Views: 56
  • 30A69482-5947-445A-8555-DF1D20A8137A.png
    30A69482-5947-445A-8555-DF1D20A8137A.png
    669.3 KB · Views: 54
StormTrooper I was looking for the plugs I was asking about on the Tomic website and have figured out some of the color codes, but I can't find anything on their site that shows the RVP2, L, codes. I see "g" stands for glow but you said one was a RVP2-G26Liips was wondering if you knew what it stands for. Was that a mis type. If so would it be RVP2- glow(?) 26 L(?)iridescent insert pink stripe. Thanks

Back