Plea for ****!!!

Steelhead S2

So, I am the proud pops of a new'un. Which is the best. But, this means my steeler season is limited to maybe a day or two in March, plus too skunks in Dec. So, from one fisherman to another, please please please post some steel ****. Maybe a story to go with it? I promise, I'll do the same for you in comming years.

It took nine years to get to this S2... He didn't hook it but did reel it in. (and yes a repost from the new year)

IMG_3973-Copy_zpsac9b87ec.jpg

It was a proud moment for me... we had fun.

How are the mustard poo's treating ya buddy? :D

Here is an old one for ya too...

IMG_2511.jpg

When you get a minute go pound the Q

Oh... here's a beauty cutty that one of the notorious members got in sept.

cutty.jpg

That was a fun trip too.. Hope this helps

Oh yeah.... Heres one from after we met up...

28.jpg

And one for you that I laugh at..

1.jpg

These are old fly fishing pics.

Babine Steelie

bab.jpg

My dad's first steelie...Bulkley River

dad1.jpg

Buddy's First...Coquihalla.

jj1.jpg

Another friend with steelie he caught while trout fishing the Thompson

surprise.jpg

Dad, again...on the Bulkley.

dad2.jpg

My first fly rod steel...Coquihalla.

steel1.jpg

Buddy, Daryl with as pretty a Thompson steelie you will see.

doe1.jpg

Coquihalla

daryl.jpg

Late fall, Babine buck.

don.jpg

Coquihalla again.

travis.jpg

OK, I went through this when I started changing diapers for my daughters so I know all about what it's like to go through steelhead withdrawal (also known as steelhead Jones'n .....)

Here are two pix that were taken just before the magical mustard poo moment began for me-- the last free moment of river time I had for the rest of eternity---it's all been downhill since then...

Nice buck on the "T" (ya, when people used to ask what I fed my hat in those days, I told them I give it head...)
Story behind this one---5 days without a sniff, then 5 fish in one day. This one took the fly at my feet---made me realize once and for all that distance casting a fly was for chumps and spey boy wannabees

MIGHTYTBUCK.jpeg

Now you asked for **** here's some BONE FIDE ****----This is the type of **** you get when you start surfing the REALLY skanky Russian sites, you know the ones, where if the women have all their teeth they're considered a "10"? Good luck with those diapers--you can rest assured that we'll all be thinking of you while we're out on the river sticking fish and you're home changing nappies....

I chose a couple of chromers in this shot so you'll see what you're really missing

KISPIOXCHROMERS.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Lovin the nostalgia pics...

Sharphooks you almost won this thread with the Grizzly Adams hat and side burns...... Then you pulled out the mud trout ;)

RR.... Those are some nice mustaches in your post..

Fisher dude.... That is a nice looking steel that funny lookin black dude got..

Lets keep it going for the guy with new mustard shooter :D

In a few years thems kids follow you

IMG_2714.jpg

Then stuff like this happens..

IMG_2590.jpg

Random for ya...

niceone.jpg

Random coho ****..

IMG_1826.jpg

The inlaw workin a spring for ya

IMG_0706.jpg

The first time the wife fished steel..

Killed me... that biotch

shelley3.jpg

This was the first one

fishin.jpg

This one.... Steve gave me a bunch of floats.....

Stealthsteel.jpg

I got so far back in the photobucket I had to share the youngin

halis001.jpg

Cool Pix, LipRips---BTW, if you have a wife that'll do river time with you---I suggest you handcuff yourself to her ankle---those types of gals are few and far between---you be a lucky man!

hey Steelhead S2---don't give up hope---you can take them with you! And if they cry too much and become a burden, just threaten to baptize them---that usually calms them right down and you can get back to fishing

BAPTISMALRITE0001.jpg

And then when they're a little older (and there's less liability involved) you can abandon them on river rocks while you go fishing, then pick them up later

rivernymphsonhoh.jpg

And then once you feed them some protein and they get a bit bigger, you can use them like window dressing to make your fish seem larger then they really were:

SELENASPRING0002.jpg

BackhandSteely.jpg

Summerrun.jpg

DollyRod.jpg

BigChinook.jpg

FebCutty.jpg

That 50 lb'er was caught near Stewart by the brother of an old girlfriend of mine when he was buzz-bombing for bottomfish.
Pure fluke but a heckuva fish for sure.

Take care.

Great **** on that spring, but I'll admit, for me, the **** attraction might be a toss up between the 50 pounder and that Yamaha 15 Hp 2-stroke.

I have one of those, too (an '85) and it's probably caught me more fish then any other fishing tool I own...

IMG_2295.jpg

Also works for picking up hot blondes on the river:

IMG_4048.jpg

I was going to go to a secret today.. River levels did not cooperate.. I wish I could be there tomorrow but work gets in the way...Got a lot of stuff done though.

Where the heck is KKK. Rumor is that he did ok on troots

So here's the story---I go out to my fishing cabin Saturday morning all pumped up (first steel trip since Christmas!!). I drive for two hours and WTF, it starts pouring rain and by the time I get there, my home river is punched. Sunday, I fish in brown chocolate water just to play pretend and go through the motions.

So Sunday night it gets COLD and my home river looks perfect this morning. But I get a hair up the you know what and decide to drive another hour to get to my SECRET CANYON. I bring my raft, thinking I'm going to use it to cross then drag it a couple of miles up into water that NOBODY gets to, especially when the water's a bit high.

So I get to my honey hole and I'm all set to inflate my raft then....WTF, this river's punched too ---as in pumping chocolate-- there's got to be a clay blank bleeding upstream because based on the level (medium and dropping) it's ALWAYS fishable at this height. Except this morning.

I feel crushed---a blown weekend, and I have to go back to town Monday night. So I'm about ready to leave when at the last minute I figure, Jezzsis ---you drove all those miles---just put on the Humpty Dumpty suit and go take a few casts.

So I do---even though I can't see the toe of my boot in 6" of water, I go through the motions. Four or five casts later, I'm in a dream world because I know it's just ain't going to happen, and then..... the float goes down. I come back on it and delight of delights, this chromage piece of slab bursts through the brown choco skin of river--- what a vision! moral of the story----never say never.....

It was so BRIGHT my dog had to avert her eyes (or no, wait a minute, maybe she was bored and getting ready to yawn.... )

BRITEDOE1.jpg

Back