Planar / webasto placement for 22' cuddy

prodjsaig

Anyone recommend where to mount a diesel air heater I was thinking on the bulkhead infront of the helm. Then can just leave it in there with no ducting to heat the cuddy. Eventually put in ducting to the seating area. Is there a better spot to put it?

Thanks for that I tried looking through and there was one post on here but the pics are gone. Was mentioned to mount it far aft as possible to prevent exhaust smell and probably noise. I saw a pic of a Grady white looks like they mounted it in the cuddy near the top tucked out of the way.

Wouldn't mind a little white noise and probably going in the cuddy

You want the exhaust plumbed properly to have enough 'draw' and that contributes to a clean burn.
Make sure it has good power supply, some are finicky with low voltage when the glow plugs are glowing.
I have one in Canoe Cove, and the air intake makes a bunch of noise. So you can hopefully fix that to draw from outside the cuddy somewhere.

I have a hewescraft with bulkhead and my espar is mounted at the far back starboard side of the cabin. Previous owner was good at welding aluminum and made a nice bracket and heat shield for it. in a perfect world the metering pump would be outside but its a tin boat so unless it's floating in mid air you hear it everywhere. When i bought it the previous owner just piped a 60 mm hose to one vent on the starboard side windshield, that worked ok but i upgraded it last winter and added another vent on the port side. The hose is more expensive than unicorn tears if you buy the espar stuff so i just bought aluminum dryer vent 75mm and it works amazing. Now i run a pipe from aft starbord cabin to the front port for the second vent, and the cabin heats up so much faster, it used to run forever on boost now it cuts down way quicker. should have done this upgrade 5 years ago...

Back