Pinks!

Big Splash

Crew Member
Things look positive for a decent run of Pinks this year. Hooked into two at 120’ yesterday off Trail Islands. First time ever I’ve caught them that deep.

I've never fisher trial island before, is it a good spot for pinks? I've been hammering the pinks at church rocks, 60-80 feet:)

Typically I don’t go after pinks there, it was a nice surprise to catch them there
Years ago my father in law and I got into a massive school of pinks on the east side of Trial that is now a no fishing zone but those were the only pinks I can recall fishing Oak Bay waters for a long life time

I've never fisher trial island before, is it a good spot for pinks? I've been hammering the pinks at church rocks, 60-80 feet:)
Trial island can be good from the no fishing zone south to the point and around point depending on the current. If you give it a try don’t miss Brodie Rock eastward on the flats it’s easier to fish and very productive

Things look positive for a decent run of Pinks this year. Hooked into two at 120’ yesterday off Trail Islands. First time ever I’ve caught them that deep.
Are you referring to TRAIL island off Sechelt or TRIAL off Victoria?

beemer

Trial island can be good from the no fishing zone south to the point and around point depending on the current. If you give it a try don’t miss Brodie Rock eastward on the flats it’s easier to fish and very productive

Thanks for the info. I will definitely give it a try:)

I'm looking to drive up from Nanaimo tomorrow for pink fun while I come for work. What's a area I can tackle them in the salt water from shore, not in the river. (I don't want to buy fresh water license LOL) hear they are starting to come in.

People do not usually target pinks from shore, it is a fluke if you do get one. They target springs. But you never know what you might get.

I'm looking to drive up from Nanaimo tomorrow for pink fun while I come for work. What's a area I can tackle them in the salt water from shore, not in the river. (I don't want to buy fresh water license LOL) hear they are starting to come in.

Try fishing beaches near a river with a pink run

he was asking about south island I believe. north island would be different as there are more rivers up that way.

I was meaning heading up to Campbell river. Any update as my schedule changed now looks like I'll be headed there next week. :)

Back