Pinks in the Campbell?

was at river yesterday at bridge and watch for an hour, the pinks certasinly are not their yet as no one was catching anything. And you can tell by the amount of people, but soon the madness will start on the river.

Nothing in as at noon today either.

Take care.

Was out Sunday and yesterday. Nothing for me. Heard from a guy at work they caught a few around 2-3 in the afternoon. Saw people last friday with several fish on the shore including a limit. but it looks like it was just a small school moving through. Right place at the right time for those folks. RCMP out Saturday morning checking licences and gear. Also ran into a creel surveyor Sat. just after noon. Only one fish recorded for over 40 anglers at that point.

Swam the river 2x on Monday saw a little pocket of 15 fish or so just down from the logging bridge and another pocket further down of maybe 30 fish or so. Not much in the system yet.

Stopped in at the river on the way back from the Eve today. One guy was gutting a Pink above the Quinsam confluence(Sandy Pool?). What a dip sh**! That's all I saw there.
The fishing was fair at the Eve, some smaller schools pushed up at the tide change.....still early yet.

Not much new going on. Still a few smaller schools moving up with the odd fish being taken. Saw three on the shore last night after work when I stopped by. One was a real beauty. Had to be pushing the upper limit for the size they get. Still pretty darn slow though.

Definite improvement in numbers today at the Sandy Pool.
Saw a couple of nice ones caught.

No Tyee yet though.

Hang in there faithful rodholders.

Take care.

I think its worth the trip now. Myself, wife and fishing partner went this evening. I had a couple on as did my wife and my buddy kept his limit of 4. You still have to work for them but its nice to go to the river and do some catching. :p

I fly fished below the Quinsam for 4 hours yesterday, caught 2, lost a few. Around high tide there were some good numbers of fish moving up. Nice day on(in) the water.

on the river with fly rod in hand just after 7 this am..buddy and I hit at least a dozen+ pinks, fished blue or pink handle bars, together landed 5(4males,1female), bright silver beautiful shape with sealice on them, left the river just after 10am, crowds were forming....

I do love fly fishing for those little scrappers:p...

Hey SF552 I must have just missed you. I guess I was one of the crowd! LOL. No love for me. I did have three solid hits but lost all three. Although every person that fished to my right for 6 hours caught fish. It was kind of like the thread about one side of a boat catching fish. It drove me nuts. Going out again later. I had to get the feeling back in my legs. The Dam siren was going off as I left so more water's a comin". But there were plenty of fish for the start of the run.

Good luck to all who love the PINK!

This does not look like it's going to be my year. Just went back for an hour. No fish, (guy on the right of me, again!, sitting on a rock dangles his fly in the water and bang! Fish-on. ARRRRRRG!!!!) Three casts later the float goes down, I haul back, and SNAP!!! Graphite rod blows up and the line snaps. Craaaaappp!

Guess the wife knows my luck. I come home to two trout from the freezer un-thawed in the sink. I sure hope this cloud of bad luck burns off soon. Don't know how much more of this I can take.

I kind of figured that Lorne, but I'm not doing or using anything different than last year and I caught over a hundred at that time. Besides, my not doing it right doesn't explain everyone on my left getting skunked, and everyone on the right catching fish. Even though I moved several times with different anglers every time.

I suggest moving further to the right , hehehe, or change your socks, or don't change your socks......

might drive up again in the am(if I can drag my arse outa bed)just finished an OT shift tonight and getting a little tired, I'm thinking it'll be C&R for me unless I want a fresh fish to BBQ....

thats excatly where I was. I gave that kid on the phone a fish that went nuts on me. well landed 2 lost a few the fly thing didnt work out for me. Too many to roll cast so I went back to the pin.

Is there a more fly friendly section of the river?

Back