Pink salmon/walmart

Barnacle Bill

I was in Walmart yesterday and saw Pink salmon filets for sale, $8.00 for 2. Was very surprised to see, as my wife pointed out, "product of China" marked on the frozen package. Must admit, they did look good. This was in the Campbell River store of all places.............BB

Not to be too sarcastic but "I cant beleive walmart gets its food fom china too!!", I haven't checked it out but where are there dairy products from??[xx(]

These are ranched fish that are caught in Alaska, frozen whole then loaded onto large freighters which take them directly to Shanghai or Dalian. Once there they are processed into fillets, refrozen, packed into retail bags then shipped to the US. The reason it says product of China is because once a country increases the value of the product by 50% or more it becomes product of that country.

Yum Yum nothing sounds as good as refrozen and re-packed Pink Salmon from China at double the price. Do they go on the same ship with the whole logs from BC?

Actually, no they are not shipped with the logs as the Campbell government is giving them away so cheap (tiny fraction of stumpage)that they are going south as quickly as our formerly vibrant logging industry, leaving no room on those ships.[|)] Ain't life grand in lotus land, knowing that our pols have our best interests foremost in their thoughts, and that we can rely on their integrity and truthfulness? :D

Too much water, too little time

quote:Originally posted by salmonkiller01
I haven't checked it out but where are there dairy products from??[xx(]

for "Island" Wally Worlds.. local dairy farms and processed at Saputo/Dairyland plant behind the Driftwood Mall in Courtenay

mainland Wally Worlds...Saputo/Dairyland plant in Burnaby....
:):)

Back