pink fishing tips

Fisherf

i am go in on a trip from maple bay to vancouver. we will be going thru Porlier pass. will there be any pink fishing on our route?
NOTE: i do not have a downrigger, only a planner.

There have been pinks in Porlier but the guys I know were catching them at 90'. You can try a planer, or using a 6oz or 8oz slip weight. Both of those methods have caught fish before. Elsewhere we've caught them spin casting, and down to 150', so you just never know until you try. If they are around they've been caught on everything - spoons, pink hootchies, and even bait. Good luck!
SS

You can troll pretty well any kind of lure on the surface and nail pinks. Croc, fly, hell in sooke I was having a hard time at times getting a big white hoochie and flasher in my downrigger clip cause the pinks kept nailing it as it dragged on the surface 15' behind the boat.

Just use a slip weight. No need to go too deep. I have landed 30 Pinks this week already and there are millions more coming!

ok thanks
sorry to ask but what is a slip weight. i always thought it was a weight that was for mooching.

,fisherf

ok thanks
sorry to ask but what is a slip weight. i always thought it was a weight that was for mooching.

,fisherf

Back