Pine Mushrooms

Just fry em like any other shroom , a lil butter and alot of garlic ... a splash of soya sause is good also .... i used to make good $$$ picking them yrs ago ... the good ole days

Just fry em like any other shroom , a lil butter and alot of garlic ... a splash of soya sause is good also .... i used to make good $$$ picking them yrs ago ... the good ole days
Ya... Then Mr St.Jean stepped in....... I just fry my mush with butter....

The big guy was Mr. St.Jean....He not only has ruined alot of our fish. But he killed mushroom picking all over this coast.

Really? This is news to me. What happened to mushroom picking? Seriously, I have never been a commercial picker, so I'm curious about what happened.

Thanks for the input too guys.

I was told buy a Old Buyer/Picker that St.Jeans opened many buying stations and offered a great price for them. He flooded the market and scoop up all the international buyers. Market still being flooded... more and more the price droped. Now he has the biggest market for them buying and selling and can turn over tons of mushrooms in Nanaimo and has homes for all of them all over the world. No one can compete. So now there are not may other buyers. Even when you think it's a small road side buyer... the guy is using St.Jeans money and gets paid on the amout he buys and the grade of the shroom.

Ya Gerard has the market for chanties ... eouropian market , and cans em also.. The Japanese love the matsi

Back