Pin Bone Tweezers

tightlines

Right now I use pliers - have people had luck with any of the tweezers available. Looking for recommendations on best available

I have some that I got for x-mas one year...Japanese I believe and they work like a hot damn...stainless, so when done I just give em a quick wash or toss in the dishwasher.
Used pliers for years as well but these are easy and take up no room in the kitchen drawer.
I will see if I can find a name brand later

Bought 5 Japanese pin bone tweezers off Amazon on the recommendation of a guy on here. Amazing difference from the pliers I had been using. Cheap. Used the rest as stocking stuffers. Picked up some prawn knives at the same time. Nice, clean butterfly.

No brand name, just stainless steel, made in Japan.

Tried to find a video I saw ~ a week ago. I was looking at different filleting methods and in the video, the fellow used a paring knife! He placed the slot over the pin bone, twisted the knife, used thumb pressure to hold it and out the came.

I bought the cheap ones (Japanese made) from Amazon too. They work really well.
One trick though... if you aren’t going to eat the fish fresh, it’s much easier to remove the bones after the fish has been frozen. Especially true with Chinooks. I pull the pins after the pieces have thawed. Easier & less tearing of the meat.

Back