Petition to the Minister of Fisheries, Oceans and the Canadian Coast Guard

Signed and forwarded. Only 704 signatures so far... I sent the link via text to my fishing friends and heard nothing but crickets from most of them... hard to get even any interest from guys that fish but I’ll keep pushing them. I guess I’ll have to threaten to not allow them on my boat. That’s what it took to get letters sent. I thought this would be easier!

You are the captain so tell them to sign the petition of else they walk the plank!

Premier Horgan needs to be a key man in getting our fishery re-opened and forcefully point out to the Prime Minister that this public fishery can be a very important, and effective, part of getting our economy going again. Start putting pressure on your local MLA. The federal Liberals don't have enough votes to gain by listening to a few hundred fishers in BC. And we're not going to have much influence on Ontario voters. Salmon fishing is open 365 days a year in Ontario and the limit is 5 Pacific Salmon and/or Steelhead. They are catching lots of fish there - even just off Toronto waterfront. (they won't pick up our cause) We need Victoria pushing Ottawa for the reasonable plan that experienced BC fishers have highly recommended.

Signed and forwarded. Only 704 signatures so far... I sent the link via text to my fishing friends and heard nothing but crickets from most of them... hard to get even any interest from guys that fish but I’ll keep pushing them. I guess I’ll have to threaten to not allow them on my boat. That’s what it took to get letters sent. I thought this would be easier!

I think 700 is actually pretty good, realistically i think after about the 2-3k number it starts to get hard.

From letter submission on the chinook closures I think we were just over 800 one year and a bit more the next.

Even if you consider 5 times that number might fill this out. Maybe some support as well from hunters ect..I’d be over the moon of this made it into the 10k range.

It’s all about perspective. FN view the sport fisherman as a risk to the resource and sport fisherman view FN as a risk to the resource. Who do you think will win this battle?
Hatchery productions are partially funded from the rec license fees. I’m not sure if I’m quiet following the FNs sense of entitlement to the hatchery fish. But I think that would be a topic for another thread.

Hatchery productions are partially funded from the rec license fees. I’m not sure if I’m quiet following the FNs sense of entitlement to the hatchery fish. But I think that would be a topic for another thread.

Same with the USA fish , no ones entitlement to them except the USA

I thought now that 100% of the rec license fee goes to the Pacific Salmon Foundation to use for salmon conservation research and habitat restoration projects.

Does the PSF found DFO hatcheries? Don't think so. The PSF may fund local hatchery projects, but not the big DFO hatcheries. If I am wrong please let me know.

Th

That's why we have a Pacific Salmon Treaty and PSC.
Hmmm, All I know is you explain all this **** to a 7 year old who just wants to go out and fish, damn I'm 60 and have to admit I dont understand it, just insanity if you ask me insanity . .just bureaucratic insanity

Our current government is trying all things possible to undo years of wrong doing to indigenous people.
Access priority to fisheries is one of those things.
Unfortunately it is at the expense of other Canadians.

Back