Pesca Spoons Done

It doesn't matter how big an operation is at is all about the margins and how much you take home.

Who knows why they folded could be anything. Businesses fold all the time. Hard to assume anything without knowing the full story.

This is from Instagram on the weekend.

Pesca.JPG

There are some left at Berry's but not much more than Pac Angler pic above.

This will be the end according to Berry's although someone mentioned above there may still be the odd shipment; apparently Mr. Pesca is not answering his phone.

Odd that they couldn’t have found someone to take it over instead of just completely folding.
The retail relationships have to be worth something ...

Odd that they couldn’t have found someone to take it over instead of just completely folding.
The retail relationships have to be worth something ...

Take over what sounds like it was a small operation and the value was in the people that owned it and made the spoons.

It doesn't matter how big an operation is at is all about the margins and how much you take home.

Who knows why they folded could be anything. Businesses fold all the time. Hard to assume anything without knowing the full story.

I get what you are saying but from my 20+ years in manufacturing/engineering that isn't always the case. I worked in several 5+ million local high tec companies that just lost money every year, but it looked great because we made spaceships. High volume manufacturing, and sky high costs. Never ever discount the little guys.

It matters mostly on the margins. The bigger you get the harder those are too control as you have to account, labour, inventory, yields etc. You can have the biggest business in the world with all the market but if you can't make 50 cents out of every dollar that comes in you shouldn't be doing it. I see so many people with cool businesses just scrape by which is very unfortunate.

Take my buddy Andrew P great quality product, and he is super small and it isn't a hobby. He is one of many across BC.

Anyhow sounds like they folded for other reasons.

Last edited:
Yeah, as soon as you add in employees, it is not a hobby.
The amount of government paperwork and bs takes out any joy.

too bad that Gibbs didn't invest some of that marketing money on finding better hooks to put on their spoons! It sucks that you spend good money on a certain spoon only to have change to proper hooks!
They should do an angler poll including their pro staff to learn what the best hooks are.
Well, they are selling a lot of their spoons so why should they spend the extra 20 cents per hook when they don’t have to. One of the reasons why I buy more AP spoons than Gibbs......local product (not China) and I don’t have to change out the hook

It's easy enough to duplicate almost any spoon on the market-Luremaking.com, Worth's, Lakeland, etc. all sell blanks and tape/paint is cheap & easy to come by.

I paint and sell my own spoons and it’s almost embarrassing how little money I make at it. It’s a good thing I enjoy the hobby and the positive feedback makes it somewhat worthwhile.

I picked up a fist full of what was left over from my friends at French Creek store at the marina in Parksville. Pretty decent selection of what I saw last Friday. Give Cam a call to see if he has any more available.
Did you just buy a lure company and aren’t you currently trying to sell thousands of spoons?
Strange addiction indeed!

I had success on the green/ black Gutbomb.
I wonder what the other good colours and names are.???
I bought a few with blue stripes thinking anchovie imitation.
I bought a pair for fishing shallow, thinking anchovies again. different paint.

I downloaded all the colors from their site before it was disabled. Lots of good references to go by in the future.
Don’t dilute your glow. Their spoons always were glowing for longer periods of time. Not sure if it really matters, but it looks cool haha

I had success on the green/ black Gutbomb.
I wonder what the other good colours and names are.???
I bought a few with blue stripes thinking anchovie imitation.
I bought a pair for fishing shallow, thinking anchovies again. different paint.
Happy hour (blue, yellow, glow)
Culpea (cop car w better glow)

Back