Penner and Campbell break another promise!!

Cuba Libre

quote:Hon. Barry Penner and Hon.Gordon Campbell, Premier: Sirs:

In April of 2008, following his presentation to the B.C.Wildlife Federation Convention in Salmon Arm, Mr Penner visited the mouth of the Adams River and viewed the "Westbeach" property.In a press release following the visit he declared he would do everything possible to negotiate a purchase of the property to complete the Haig-Brown Park property at the mouth of the world famous Adams River.
Shortly thereafter, Premier Campbell supported Mr Penner and declared the property adjacent to the Haig-Brown Park would be a desireable addition to the park and every effort should be made to negotiate a purchase.
A news article in tuesday, February 17/09 (page A3) of the Kamloops Daily News seems to have dashed any hopes of thousands of British Columbians that this priceless heritage property would be purchased by our government. In fact, if the reporting is to be believed, there has never been any face-to-face negotiation with the owner/developer.This hardly seems to indicate a serious intent to purchase.
I am fully aware of the financial concerns for the economy and appreciate those concerns. However, this issue appears to be one of priorities.
How can this government entertain spending multi-millions to fix a leaking stadium roof and refuse to even negotiate with the owner/developer to purchase an 8.5 hectare piece of property so important to the heritage Haig-Brown Provincial Park.
Once the owner/developer decides to go with his massive condominium project the opportunity for future generations will be gone forever.
Should this be allowed to happen, I think that all British Columbians be entitled to know how anyone in government of this day will explain to their children and grandchildren why this government willingly let their heritage be sold for the profit of one or two individuals.
Yours for Conservation John W.Cartwright, RPBio.

This is disgusting....[V]

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

So campbell is two faced? [:0]:( This isn't anything new.

Take only what you need.

Howdy,

With his unbridled support of the Norwegian owned salmon-farming industry and his reckless assault on HUNDREDS of BC's fish-bearing rivers & streams while giving-away hydro-power leases (and our water) to Americans, no, this doesn't surprise me one bit.

Gordon Campbell is an ENVIRONMENTAL-RAPIST who could give 2-sh!ts about wild fish or the integrity of BC's fish habitat.

These things I know to be true.

Back