Pender

Weinstein

Anyone been out Pender Bluffs way this week? Heading out tommorow,would it be more productive to stay around Sidney?

Cheers

Beautiful day today on the water. Spent the morning at Pender, 3 pinks - lost two at the boat, one small spring and a huge Coho (unfortunatley wild). Then off to the Red Can by James Island, one ling cod, kelp and cabbage all over the place.

Dammit! I'd be out there tomorrow if I had a floor on my boat.
Guess I will live out the end of my season through your posts,Weinstein.
Good to hear there are some salmon out there still

Hooch
swiftsurehaliaug07-1.jpg

If you're going to head out next week Neil get there at first light, went very quiet at midday, we were the only boat still out there. We hit the spring and the coho just outside the south tip of the bay by the white markings on the bluffs.

Guys I spoke to in a Striper said they hadn't had anything all day but the day before that they had 10 pinks in the boat and a spring.

Ya that's it for Pender.

My log shows that there should be feeder springs and chum coming by saanichton spit in the next couple of weeks.

Will try to be out friday for a halibut, either Darcy or Zero rock, depends if I have to work.

Neil

Do you normally anchor when halibut fishing? Wondering if it's worth my time going out that way drifting for halibut.

Cheers

We have normally tried drifing. Going to attempt to anchour.

Have spoken to a few people at the local club who have picked halibut up trolling on the bottom slowly.

Neil

Back