Peer Review concludes PRV transfer from Atlantic salmon farms poses minimal risk t

Something smells around here.
Ya I been smelling it for some time now! I'm sure its the effects of AFD that we are smelling!!

AFD is the acronym for "Activism Fixation Disorder". This is a condition some people get when the have been infected by the ENGO virus!! Social NGO viruses have been around for all of human existence. Over the centuries the have evolved and morphed to take different forms like radical religion or racism for example. This AFD effect is from a newer version where NGO virus has evolved into an ENGO virus. Many of these new ENGO have recently become epidemic in North America! ENGO leaders or "donors" which are often fueled from foreign money campaign using the internet and social media to spread their virus and infect as many people as possible. Impressively this designer style virus technique ENGO's use is able to create a smoke in mirror effect. While they target any industry with the cry of environmental harm they use the virus to keep everyone in the dark of the real motive.

Some interesting effects of AFD. AFD seems to get deep into the minds of people. It appears to somehow amplifies the growth of emotion receptors in the brain! In turn it blocks the new science input receptors. So it results in that the people suffering the effects have no ability to mentally accept any new science other than the science the donor ENGO has planted. Unfortunately it has infected many Canadians of all cultures and levels. Even the courts have been effected. The ENGO virus is so efficient that people badly effected cannot even look outside the window for fear of learning something new. When there is forced science input that conflicts with the planted ENGO science effected people are not able to respond and often go missing from conversation. This is the smell I think I am smelling.

Oh well just like fish viruses social viruses have been around for centuries and will be here for more to come. Just going to have to put up with them and mitigate the effects the best as possible. Thankfully many Canadians are immune to these social viruses. At least I know a few.

I am "directed" to let you know what you are smelling is not what I smell. Too bad Alexandra was not one of the Scientific Experts or the conclusion may have been somewhat different.
160811-SA-Cypress-Bay-Fish-farm-mort-totes-contain-decomposing-wild-Pacific-salmon-among-farmed-Atlantic-salmon-2820.jpg

The result of wild Pacific Salmon mingling with farmed Atlantic salmon. Not a good mix. Simon Ager / Sea Shepherd Conservation Society

Alexandra, it’s been six years since we talked last, what has changed?
Alexandra Morton: Nothing has really changed since 2010. I know more about the problem because now I am studying viruses, before it was just sea lice. A couple of days ago I sued the Ministry of Fisheries for breaking the law by not testing for the piscine reo-virus in the farm salmon that are being put in our waters. It’s illegal under Section 56 of the Fisheries Act; you can’t put fish in the water if they have a disease agent. But it’s happening.

You spent some time on some of the actual farms this summer, right? What did you see?
Alexandra:
When you stand on a farm and look straight down, you see thousands of lethargic fish finning just the surface, and hundreds laying on the surface with their fins showing. This is the behaviour of sick fish. And if this is caused by disease, it is pouring out of the pens. It’s a good guess that what harms salmon in the pens is going to threaten wild fish outside the pen. And if not, then let’s see scientific evidence that it isn’t happening. Instead, Marine Harvest [the biggest global fish farm owners] is suing me for trespassing. What that tells me is this industry can’t handle being looked at. No fish farm company will allow samples of the fish in their pens to be taken for independent testing, and yet they claim nothing is wrong. In my view, that’s dishonest. There is something very wrong with the fish in their pens and meanwhile, for the Fraser River sockeye salmon run swimming past these farms, this year is the worst ever recorded.

Yes the effects of human spread ENGO virus is apparent. You are only able to understand ENGO science. Why are you not able to speak for yourself but continue to solicit ENGO advertisements? Classic AFD symptoms!!

Yes the effects of human spread ENGO virus is apparent. You are only able to understand ENGO science. Why are you not able to speak for yourself but continue to solicit ENGO advertisements? Classic AFD symptoms!!
What part of this has anything to do with ENGO's? It’s illegal under Section 56 of the Fisheries Act; you can’t put fish in the water if they have a disease agent. PRV Are you suggesting they relax the law?

It may or may not come as a surprise to some posters that every critic against some of the risks and impacts to FFs have nothing to do with ENGOs - like much of the science implicating FFs as vectors for amplification and release of disease and parasite vectors - worldwide.

I believe instead that those whom wish to purposely and erroneously associate all FF critics with ENGOs and their perspectives - do so because they actually wish to dismiss those well-founded risks as described by the critics by attempting to de-legitimize those critics - rather than addressing the data and science presented by the critics.

I see that approach as being both disingenuous and irresponsible.

Last edited:
What part of this has anything to do with ENGO's? It’s illegal under Section 56 of the Fisheries Act; you can’t put fish in the water if they have a disease agent. PRV Are you suggesting they relax the law?
You yourself have probably broken that law by discarding personally caught fish or using fish in a crab trap. Have you ever tested your fish for disease agents??

It may or may not come as a surprise to some posters that every critic against some of the risks and impacts to FFs have nothing to do with ENGOs - like much of the science implicating FFs as vectors for amplification and release of disease and parasite vectors - worldwide.

I believe instead that those whom whom wish to purposely and erroneously associate all FF critics with ENGOs and their perspectives - do so because they actually wish to dismiss those well-founded risks as described by the critics by attempting to de-legitimize those critics - rather than addressing the data and science presented by the critics.

I see that as being both disingenuous and irresponsible.
Agent. I just don’t believe hardly anything on paper anymore. There is so much fudged science out there that can be done by people who already have a predetermined outcome I just don’t believe everything I read anymore.

So if I am reading your words on your post #10 above, FM - you accuse me of being a poacher - on crab - and somehow that is to be extrapolated as a reason why it is ok for FFs to amplify and release novel pathogens and parasites (like PRv) onto naive wild fish stocks?

You're not actually expecting anyone to take that suggestion seriously are you?

As far as your post #11 - your belief or lack thereof has nothing to do with generating data nor does it affect any other scientists and researchers from investigating the effects and risks from the open net-cage industry.

It appears to me that you posted 2 consecutive, irrelevant posts.

Who here would expect to see or actually believe that activists on this panel may actually agree with general consensus. I cant remember ever hearing an activist group stand tall and admit they were wrong. Its alway crickets, some time passes and onto the next "maybe". So predictable.

So, birdsnest works on a farm which makes him a pathogen expert. He tells us that there is nothing to worry about. If anyone disagrees, they are an ‘activist’ or spreading false information. This is what I gather from his posts.
My question is why didn’t the judge or the lawyers in this recent case just call him for the answers? Or maybe his opinion is completely irrelevant ?

So, birdsnest works on a farm which makes him a pathogen expert. He tells us that there is nothing to worry about. If anyone disagrees, they are an ‘activist’ or spreading false information. This is what I gather from his posts.
My question is why didn’t the judge or the lawyers in this recent case just call him for the answers? Or maybe his opinion is completely irrelevant ?

If you've followed these discussions for any period of time you will clearly see that when the agent and others here speak they consistently call those who speak in favour of salmon farming shills, FF boosters, PR firms, pundits etc. It is nothing new. Do a search on this forum. Search individual Pundits, FF Boosters or PR firms and see what comes up. That will clearly demonstrate what I am getting at here. Grouping individual posters into such groups including activist is a tactic used by both sides of the debate however its a grey area as to when it is a personal attack to the practice continues by both sides and will continue to do so though at one time the mods had asked us not to. I think for the most part those who read this can see past that rhetoric. And when I use the word activist I don't follow it up with terms that suggest mental disorders as below which is a slight of hand personal slag agent uses often.

Should this section of the forum only be made up of qualified scientists and lawyers? Is that what you are suggesting? Take it up with the admin if thats what you're getting at. Or should fish farmers not be allowed on this thread? Thats like saying west coast sport fishers should not be allowed to participate in the SRKW topic because they are not scientist or lawyers. Is that what you want?

So you've have had your poke at me but I assure you many poster prior to you, and I mean a lot, have gone down that road to discredit my views. I don't claim to be much. Im not a scientist, my spelling and grammar is pour, and Im a fish farmer. You got me. lol

This panel is the product of the cohen commission which is the product of activist. From what I understand the panel is made up of exactly what activists wanted. Indigenous groups, NGO's, scientists, lots of scientists apparently. There was a group consensus. IT is what it is. What I am getting is that the only ones not happy with that consensus is the NGO's and if you ask me thats entirely predictable. They get everything they want in the process except the result then cry foul. Its what they are paid to do, its that simple. Where does it end?
The empowerment/support of this style of activism is exactly the same against the west coast sport fishing sector with the SRKW issue and the effects it is going to have on us sport fishers and related industries. If people are going to support this kind of activism in the science/gov process then do not be surprised when it shows up against the sport fishing sector. Expect the worst! But I know that GLG and Agent are not afraid lol.

Have a good day!

ie:
Been down this road quite a few times on this forum and elsewhere wrt the origins and consequences of the release of PRv on naive Pacific stocks already. I find it quite criminal how the FF boosters/pundits/PR firms seem to have collective amnesia when this topic pops-up - as the only plausible source for European/Norwegian-based PRv is from the open net-pen industry. See:

https://www.sportfishingbc.com/foru...se-in-chinook-salmon.70071/page-3#post-873984

I believe instead that those whom wish to purposely and erroneously associate all FF critics with ENGOs and their perspectives - do so because they actually wish to dismiss those well-founded risks as described by the critics by attempting to de-legitimize those critics - rather than addressing the data and science presented by the critics.

I see that approach as being both disingenuous and irresponsible.

I would say it is probably a good idea for agent and others to put some distance between themselves and NGO groups. They have lost a fair amount of credibility in the public eye.

I think we all have our biases, yes. For me the question is: are they informed - or instead reactive biases?

Humans are tribal - and unfortunately some people with agendas prey on that human habitat. Human history is full of examples of poor and/or corrupt governance preying on peoples desire to associate - while confusing belligerence with strength. You see that reality very raw now in the states. It is quite dangerous.

The answer to that poor governance model is some form of consensus-bases governance where there are checks and balances to the biases - and especially for the unfortunately often lies used in decision-making. That's what a democracy is supposed to be. That is also what an environmental assessment is supposed to do.

Fish farms have been exempt from a full environmental assessment since their inception.

Instead, the agency that is supposed to regulate them – and do the science to check on the effects/impacts – has also been tasked with promoting them. I would also add that I feel that some people in both CFIA, the Aquaculture Branch of DFO, and the Provincial Vets office have confused themselves over whom they are supposed to work for.

Justice Cohen also noticed this and made it one of his recommendations. It's pretty glaring when you dig into this stuff.

WRT understanding how the rather complicated regulatory apparatus operates (or not) in conjunction with how the ocean operates and fish swim and live – it is really up to each one of us to become informed. Nobody else can do that for us.

Luckily, that information does exist to some extent - in some form – the most reliable source is the science and data that has been vetted in peer review.

If there was real-time disease reporting with geographic co-ordinates that independent researchers could use to study disease outbreaks and epidemiology and all the other things we need to apportion risk and impact – we would all be alot further along and better off – yes?

And that is why it is covered-up, IMHO.

See the remarks about Justice Cohen above.

Since the federal regulators & promoters in Canada have abrogated their fiduciary duty to the public wrt wild stocks from the impacts of open net-cage FFs – sometimes and only sometimes – ENGOs step-in to fill that role. Other times - it is other researchers generating science and research that is critical to the operation of open net-cage industry. There is much more science critical of the open net-cage impacts available that is not associated with ENGOs.

ENGOs are admittedly problematic wrt credibility and biases. I see them as a spectrum of credibility and biases with the SSS, DSF and others on one side of that spectrum – with the PSF, ASF and others on the opposite side. They own their own credibility and biases – nobody else does – and like all information gathering – it is the responsibility of the reader to ascertain the trustworthiness of that info.

If we had some sort of environmental assessment process that info could be vetted and we could have a safe and refereed process to tackle these issues w/o resorting to PR headlines.

See comments about Justice Cohen and environmental assessments above.

So whom does that really serve – blocking research and information?

Follow the breadcrumbs, grasshopper...

Back