Pedder Bay marina

NootkaSounder

Anyone moor there?

I am going to be renting a slip for a few months this year, what are the thoughts?

available slips are

E 6

H 3, 4, 8

L 12

whats anyone's thoughts and experience with Pedder? I have only fished vic harbor wall and Constance while in Vic. So im not sure of the areas I can access from here.
pbrv-marina-and-rv-map-march-2017-002.jpg

If you want friendly staff and great people you would be better off at spirit bay ( Cheanha marina). The fishing is right there and its like a big family extended family.

If you want friendly staff and great people you would be better off at spirit bay ( Cheanha marina). The fishing is right there and its like a big family extended family.

Are you saying they are not friendly at Pedder? I would of been happy at Spirit bay, I like to fish with good people as i am a very social guy. i think im committed to Pedder at this time. may venture over there for Aug though.

I have a slip at Pedder Bay. I have had nothing but a great experience, everyone so far has been friendly. I picked it mostly for its proximity to my home but also because I can park the trailer there while boat is in the water, fuel, store, coffee shop. Has everything I need in one stop. Good halibut fishing within a few minutes from marina and lots of access to salmon fishing in either direction. Although I have checked out other marina’s, haven’t had a slip at them so I wont comment. That being said, I did check out most of the places between Pedder Bay and Sooke.

Pedder is a great place to tie up at.
The docks are clean, secure and they have all the amenities required at the shop.

I was at E6 but moved because the neighboring boat was longer than he should be. So it was difficult to get into my spot with his outboard lifted out of the water.

it would be best to look at the available spots when you get there and choose then.

My dad had his boat tied up at pedder for years. There staff has always been super friendly and helpful. I launch my boat out of pedder, close to all the fishing. I am a social person myself, and have always found the people around there(staff and customer's) always willing to BS with me.

Anyone moor there?

I am going to be renting a slip for a few months this year, what are the thoughts?

available slips are

E 6

H 3, 4, 8

L 12

whats anyone's thoughts and experience with Pedder? I have only fished vic harbor wall and Constance while in Vic. So im not sure of the areas I can access from here.
pbrv-marina-and-rv-map-march-2017-002.jpg
I am moored at Cheanuh Marina now (Spirit Bay) but previously I have moored and launched for many years at Pedder Bay. Pedder has great access for good close by halibut fishing at either the Race, Constance, or the Mud Hole.

There is close, easy access for chinook salmon fishing right in Pedder Bay (can be great at times and is protected from the prevailing westerly winds), 6 miles to Constance Bank, and an easy run west to Church Rock or a little further to Beechey Head or the Trap Shack if you want to explore these areas.

You will be central to a lot of good fishing areas out of Pedder.

...Rob

I was at E6 but moved because the neighboring boat was longer than he should be. So it was difficult to get into my spot with his outboard lifted out of the water.

it would be best to look at the available spots when you get there and choose then.

This - can confirm Pedder is a great marina, very friendly and helpful. We just moored there starting 2 weeks ago, moved slips after 1 week to a slightly easier to access slip. Boating into a spot like E6 is easier when you can drift in, rather than hard 90 degree turns into a spot, but all depends on your skill and the space offered by neighbouring boats.

Pedder is great i love it there cheanauh used to be great too but with the passing of mike it has gone downhill no fuel sometimes.

Back