Pautske crab and shrimp fuel

the butcher

I've never used the pautske's crab and shrimp scent in my crab traps. Have always put in fish heads or chicken or herring and have done alright. Has anyone used the pautske's crab and shrimp fuel and was there noticeable difference in your catch rate for either prawns or crab?

i soak my prawn pellets with it. i have an ice cream bucket with pre soaked pellets. works good

It works, but there are better products out there. I think it’s mostly dye and water. I prefer straight up herring oil or the Prawn/ crab scent from Tyee Marine for marinating pellets. I know a fellow that uses old deep fry oil from a fish n chip place for soaking pellets and claims it’s the best.

I avoid the oils as I find them unnecessary and they make a mess of your traps and boat. Presoaking pellets before short soaks helps so they are activated. Or add cat food or fish scraps.
I also found I was wasting a lot of pellets by over filling containers. You want your pellets to swell and break down getting that smell out there. Too crammed and they don't have room to do their thing.

^^^^^^^what he said. Half full bait cups max. I used that stuff wise buys was hawking back in the day and all I succeeded in was almost vomiting everytime I opened the bottle. No thanks. Handful of pellets and 1/4 can of Carlyle in Scotty cups.

Holy ****......white Scotty cups are like a dollar o_O and fit perfectly in the bait section of my bauers

Back