Panther T-4 Kicker Steering

Weinstein

Looking for anyone who has installed/used the Panther electric steering system for their kicker. Are they any good? So you have the wireless or wired setup?

Have a 28ft Baha Cruiser with a inboard shaft drive Volvo Diesel and I'm trying to figure out how to steer my kicker without having to tie into the existing hydraulic steering.

Thanks

I had one installed on my 24 footer three years ago. I had the wireless remote. I found it had limited turning radius which is not good in the wind. The remote also shuts itself off after a few minutes if you haven’t given it a signal. The motor in the unit is just a power window motor from a vehicle. I found this out because the power unit by the kicker leaked after two years and stopped working. I will sell you mine cheap LOL. The warranty would not cover it so I now have a hydraulic unit. I haven’t used it yet so don’t know how well it will work. However the new unit is all stainless steel and hoses with the motor being inside the hull. This unit does not have remote wireless steering. It comes with a fifteen foot control cord. Do you know what BOAT stands for? Bring Out Another Thousand. Good luck with what ever you decide to go with.
[:I]

Thanks for the advice, looking at the Panther systems I kept thinking "Mickey Mouse"! I can pick up a hydraulic sidemount cylinder for the same price as the Panther system, it'll be more work to tie it into my existing steering, install valves etc.... but I think at the end of the day it would be a far superior system.

quote:Originally posted by Weinstein

Looking for anyone who has installed/used the Panther electric steering system for their kicker. Are they any good? So you have the wireless or wired setup?

Have a 28ft Baha Cruiser with a inboard shaft drive Volvo Diesel and I'm trying to figure out how to steer my kicker without having to tie into the existing hydraulic steering.

Thanks

Back