• Thread starter Deleted member 8461
  • Start date
My 58vette
I have it all ripped apart at the moment..
Things I'm doing
Rebuilding the 283, new clutch, new fuel & brake lines, all new wireing harnesses, new radiator and heater core, gauges have been sent to a guy in California for restoring.
New updated retro radio and of course speakers
Putting in the sound/temp mat throughout interior with new closed cell underlay.
Ive done all the rubber weather stripping around windows on hard top, going to take it in for new headliner.
Not a frame off but close.

What else to do when weather sucks..Lol

Always busy at something but fishing for me is just not salt water either boys. It's Walleye, Pike, Perch open water and ice, ( just got back from a trip) Lake trout, Grayling on the fly. When I'm not fishing my next biggest hobby and this is a 50/50 split with fishing is hunting, I would have to say moose hunting is my biggest passion in life. But we chase moose, big trophy white tail ( have a wall full ) lots of goose hunting in the fall, grouse hunting, and in the winter coyote hunting is a big sport and this is all in my spare time. My wife and I run a huge yard, we own 70 acres and I maintain a deer field, we cut just over 4 acres of lawn alone, the wife has a bazillion flowers in pots, beds, planters when we get that planted it's the big garden we run. We buy very little in the way of produce or produce related products. We make our own pasta sauce, jams, salsas, mustards all organic product from our own garden. So when thats done I'm in the shop building stuff out of wood, metal and engines, building a 425 HP SBC that I have in the stand ( winter projects ) when I'm not at work I'm home on the go hard. I actually go to work to have a break and that's the truth lol.

Fishing and hunting would be my main hobbies. Fishing first, salt or fresh. I look forward to chasing elk through the backcountry in the fall and taking the kids grouse hunting.

I used to be in mountain sledding. It was more like an obsession for a long time. Rode 60-70 days a year.

Now with 3 kids, I have sold it and starting reading up on a new hobby, boat building. Picked up " boatbuilding with aluminum" by Stephen Pollard. Been a very good read so far.

Hunting, hunting, hunting, fishing is something I do when no hunting season is open, best is when I can combine them both. Hali and beach spring bear from boat, (wish it was grizzly still), Northern BC with a ton of tags, gun and a fishing rod to get a change of dinner. Grouse to trout. Also spend time in shop building stuff for hunting.

HM

02435598-A446-4448-A693-F142E465F35A.jpeg Who said retiring is boring....moved onto an acerage 10 years ago. Been busy fishing, gardening, greenhouse, 2 acres of grass, mr. fixit, keeping up to date with new technology, welded many moons ago just bought a entry level welder and took up 21st centry blacksmithing......Always trying to learn more and new things! Retire as soon as you can, life is short.

I'm also retired from work. Best move I ever made. I enjoy woodworking, gardening and more recently beachcoming and creating useful items from all the plastic garbage on our shores.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    297 KB · Views: 80
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    300.3 KB · Views: 85
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    301.6 KB · Views: 82
Fishing’s always been my go to form of stress relief. Doesn’t matter where or what species as long as I’m fishing. About every 3 years or so I build a small boat project but my real second love is motorcycles. First few pics are of my $1000 sportster. It’s 1200cc and one of the few years of chain driven Evo motors. It was a runner when I got it but didn’t look like this. 95581E84-A9BC-4117-8527-84F645EA7452.jpeg D45CB792-CC42-4EAB-9E08-A85AD00F6518.jpeg 626C898E-06C4-44D8-A9CE-099361C20E99.jpeg 6068C72B-777D-44A8-AB14-22D61FA3026F.jpeg 2E945882-783F-4865-9112-44CB3F85AF04.jpeg 453D9C58-8B60-4B3D-966D-315CB79B8498.jpeg

This is my latest ride. I got it just before riding season ended so only have about a dizen rides on it. Not counting the trips up and down the street teaching my dog to ride in the sidecar. It’s a Chinese knockoff of a Russian copy of a ww2 era BMW. There’s a long and sketchy history of these bikes. They are super cool even though they were made in china. I’ve wanted one of these since I was a kid and even though they’re not really “rare” they’re fairly uncommon. Top speed of 55mph but I’d rather ride this than my Harley. People say built in China stuff is poor quality but I’ll say this, my 1988 sportster has thinner sheet metal than the CJ and is a bear to start cold. This old girl fires up first kick every time and may not go fast but gets there in style. Sorry I don’t have any pics but my dog loves the sidecar rides.

45A18D1E-73AE-4F0F-8A09-7EBE1C5ADC96.jpeg0F580742-736C-4C8D-9966-7FB05078D760.jpeg 6BF11390-54F9-4909-A964-FAD94451F4A7.jpeg

Last edited:
Please, if you have pictures of your hobby works, please share them. Cool input so far thanks for sharing. :)

Kind of hard to post a bunch of pics I won't bore everybody but here is a few pics of my play room. It was a life long dream of mine to have a shop, 6 years ago I finnaly built. It's a 40 x 50 with 16' walls. All wired with 220, 2 welders, mig and arc lots of tools very well equipped room. I have it sort of sectioned off into wood working area, mechanical in the middle and fishing related on the far side. When I'm not at work or in the yard which is all winter I pretty much live in my shop.

And a couple pics of the latest project on the stand, my 350 SBC will boast 400 + HP when it hits the dyno.

Attachments

• IMG_4225.JPG
    IMG_4225.JPG
    453.8 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_4227.JPG
    IMG_4227.JPG
    269.1 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_4230.JPG
    IMG_4230.JPG
    270.9 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_4228.JPG
    IMG_4228.JPG
    228.5 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_4178.JPG
    IMG_4178.JPG
    291.8 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_4148.JPG
    IMG_4148.JPG
    302.9 KB · Views: 164
Kind of hard to post a bunch of pics I won't bore everybody but here is a few pics of my play room. It was a life long dream of mine to have a shop, 6 years ago I finnaly built. It's a 40 x 50 with 16' walls. All wired with 220, 2 welders, mig and arc lots of tools very well equipped room. I have it sort of sectioned off into wood working area, mechanical in the middle and fishing related on the far side. When I'm not at work or in the yard which is all winter I pretty much live in my shop.

And a couple pics of the latest project on the stand, my 350 SBC will boast 400 + HP when it hits the dyno.

That sir is my dream shop! One day...

Fishing, hunting, gardening, remote exploration, history, environmental chemistry, ecology, are a few hobbies. The list could go on for a few paragraphs as I am interested in many things but making money to fund them hobbies limits the time down to just a few go to interests. If I live long enough or can ever afford to retire the golf courses may get more attention as will traveling to warmer winter destinations.

Nice shop. Just wondering how you manage the sawdust? My shops a little smaller (30x40)but I also have a mechanical section, wood working section ect but my metal working/welding equipment and supplies use up most of the space. I’ve been dragging the table saw and planer outside to keep the dust down but that’s not always an option and it can get pretty dusty in there, especially my hand tools or anything else that might have a little oil or grease on it.

As a few have mentioned after Salt Water fishing I enjoy Fresh water fishing and so do the kids. The other thing I and we do as a family is spending time together on the Quads and ATV's. We have been living away from the coast in Northern Alberta and there is no shortage of country to explore up regardless of the season.

Attachments

• IMG_1685.JPG
    IMG_1685.JPG
    127.9 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_1162.jpg
    IMG_1162.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0483.JPG
    IMG_0483.JPG
    299.1 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_1682.JPG
    IMG_1682.JPG
    201.8 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_1725.PNG
    IMG_1725.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 79
  • IMG_1722.PNG
    IMG_1722.PNG
    905.7 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_1723.PNG
    IMG_1723.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 77
My life is pretty stuck on anything fish, Fishy...FISHING? My main hobby is fishing, my second hobby is making tackle for fishing and I work in retail selling you guessed it - FISHING STUFF! Ha, LOL. :)

I pretty much eat, sleep, dream and play fishing. My life is fishing. :)

So, I really only have one thing that I will call a hobby that is entirely, for the moment outside of the realm of fishing, and that is EBikes and bicycle riding. I have started venturing into something else, but I'll share that a little later on some time in the future.

I have always been into riding bicycles ever since my 5 yr birthday when I learned to ride on a brand new Mustang brand bike. I loved that bike. I have had so many types, styles and brands since that it's not even funny. 10 speed, BMX, Cruiser, MTB, Road, Tadpole recumbent touring trikes. I have raced and park ridden BMX, got into MTB offroad challenges and then got injured at construction work. One year I crushed my lower two vertebrae and lost all ambition to ride for almost ten years. I got fat and lazy. Then got a Cruiser and started riding again, then a MTB and started riding to work from Nanaimo to Praksville in the summer. I lost a bit of weight but always seem to stay around the same as I am now. Winter came, I road a few times to work in rain, wind and snow, but man it was cold. There had to be a better way. So, I bought a Catrike tadpole recumbent trike thinking it would be a good investment for the future. :)

...then came a sudden interest in Ebikes and a light bulb went off. I did my research and then converted my conventional peddle powered trike into an E-trike. I was one of the first on the internet to do this. At the time there was lots of regular bikes and MTB bikes being converted, but only two other people besides me that published about it that I could find. Now there have been thousands converted and even production models as well. It was a fun project that soon became the bane and obsession with E powered things related to transportation. So, because I enjoy riding so much I have a number of bicycle conversion projects on the go.

I won't go into further detail, but I'll drop some photos that will help you visualize my obsession that sits outside the realm of fishing. :)

What's yours?! :)

Nice work StormTrooper. What hat kind of power do the electric wheels have? Are you able to take off from a dead stop with no pedal assist? I built this board tracker a few years back with the idea of running a front and rear electric motor/rim but at the time the motors just didn’t have the jam to haul my fat butt around.
DE69783C-DA98-4AF5-A2F6-22FD608B3F45.jpeg

Back