Our Winter Project 50% complete

Karma-Kazi

In October we sold the 18.5 double eagle and decided to step up the the 20' Double Eagle with pod and outboards.

First we found the hull

NewboatandFlyfishingsookeriver020.jpg

NewboatandFlyfishingsookeriver022.jpg

NewboatandFlyfishingsookeriver022.jpg

Doesent look like much in the start.

Then we started with some fiberglassing and adding a bulkhead with windows. and some fiberglassing on the back deck.

NewboatandFlyfishingsookeriver046.jpg

NewboatandFlyfishingsookeriver045.jpg

Next we had the pod mounted and all new electrical. New hydralic steering adn trim tabs.

NewboatandFlyfishingsookeriver044.jpg

NewboatandFlyfishingsookeriver043.jpg

Next week she gets power and controls!

Figured everyone else has been posting there winter projects.

-Steve

Looks great. I am looking for a project hull myself (if any one knows of a similar hull, 18-20 ish foot please let me know !) What HP outboard are you going to strap to that boat?
Alan

Nice Modification Steve, will nice to see your progress on it and keep posting it ..... will make a long winter so much shorter and in the end youll have a great vessel !
clint

The ole man must be getting antsy...

Looking good

Wow what a great project. You guys are ambitious for sure. That's alot of work. Look's really good. Can't wait to see what kind of power your going to put on there. That pod looks awesome. Have you thought about a rear steering station on the cockpit wall? Keep the progress coming.

Cheers,
Sculpin

Have you thought about a rear steering station on the cockpit wall? Keep the progress coming.

Cheers,
Sculpin
check out 2nd post:) I like the full length grid on there, how hard would it be to do a transom door?? looks like you definately have the talent for it.
nice job!!!

check out 2nd post:) I like the full length grid on there, how hard would it be to do a transom door?? looks like you definately have the talent for it.
nice job!!!

Thanks buddy. Sneeky in the corner of the pic. Ha ha:). I missed that:eek:. Awesome addition to any vessel:cool:.

Damn they should be bright silver and start with an H:D.

They are pretty new tho... ;) FFG SR. is pretty excited about it... It will be a nice rig when done, I can't even wait to see it.

Thanks for all the positive response. Yes the rear helm was a must we figured if we are going ahead with the bulkhead to do the rear steering. I should mention that 90 % of this work is being done by Jenkins marine. My Dad and I dont have the skills and workshop to conquor a project like that. Plus ive been spending time modifying my grandfathers 20' double eagle to have outboards.

Boat gets power on the 20th and the I will throw some more pics up :) Both 2010 Yammys 150 four stroke XL shaft and a 9.9 XL shaft four stroke.

Many people say thats under powered but my grandfathers has the same power and it cruises at 25.4 KM/hr at 3500 RPM That seems pretty good.

-Steve

Is that pod made of fibreglass? Seems to become part of the boat very nicely. Job WELL DONE! Thanks for sharing.
Thinking this idea might be good option for my boat also.
MGH

MRACER- Im not going to talk $ figures but it is costing some coin. We figure if we spend over 100 days a year on the rig it should be the top of the line.

MGH- The pod is made of aluminum and is powder coated.

Looks great, double eagle's are good hulls, would love to see more pics if you get a chance !

Bentley

Back