Our other hobbies...

fishin_magician

Well...there was a reply on another board about other hobbies which keep us busy when rods are not in the water.

It sounds like a great idea for a thread so I thought I would start a thread up!

Canso has a Canso he got when he was in high school...and he still has it!

As for me...

Other hobbies which keep me busy outside of work and fishing are:

collecting fishing tackle (rarities of days gone by which work!)
horse racing
collector cars (I need a bigger garage)
boats (mopping up my own drool for the dream tub)
a damn good cup of coffee

among other things!

Let the fun begin!

Sisters_2.jpg

Matrix_1.jpg

http://gallery.fishbc.com/albums/Ironnoggin/IMGP1008.wmv

:cool:

Other hobbies? Well, planning fishing trips.. Tying flies for fishing trips.. Home brewing... For fishing trips.
In the fall I do a lot of mushroom picking and also love my winter camping.

High power sport rocketry for me. I'm currently building a carbon fiber airframe that is expected to fly to 12,000 feet +

Fishing, hunting, camping, and hot Rods in that order
I have a 55' cameo and a 71' monte both done and waiting on my girls to graduate, that's when they each get one
Can't find a pic of the 71

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    442.6 KB · Views: 65
I've gotten back into riding after quite a few years without a bike and a couple of years thinking about getting one. I pulled the trigger this spring on a BMW R1200GS. I'm really liking it.

If I'm not fishing I'm collecting tackle. Also into fixing up old boats. Home distillation is something I dabble in when I have time as well as smoking meat/fish and making sausage. Always in the shop making boat stuff too. That's probably my all time #1 hobby. Hard to nail it down to just one thing though.

Last edited:
Salty fishing in the summer, Hunting and river fishing in the fall, Hockey all fall and winter, Boat prep and cabin fever in the spring.............

Used to be cars, hot rodding. Maybe again some day! Because I got into boats and fishing! ;) Really miss having a nice car - sold it so I could afford renos. Not nearly as fun! Also like building furniture, playing hockey (is that a even a hobby, or a necessity?)

Nice to see a lot of fishermen like nice cars...

Attachments

• SeymourZ3218.jpg
    SeymourZ3218.jpg
    403.5 KB · Views: 81
  • 20160524_181748.jpg
    20160524_181748.jpg
    328.6 KB · Views: 79
Archery elk/mule deer hunting. Sometimes Blacktails but usually centerfire those.
O ya in winter .....braaap!!!!

Last edited:
Paddling, hiking, rec hockey, snowboarding, x-country skiing, a bit of golf, rec boating, fly tying, fly fishing rivers and lakes, and, of course, my SFBC Forum obsession …

Cheers!

Ukee

Same as Springfever except the winter baja, except for 2-3 weeks somewhere in Mexico.
Making sausage and smoking as well... Doing my own bacon has become an obsession...stellar stuff. Just wiring up the curing chamber for charcuterie.
Here comes the prosciutto, pancetta and salumi.

Thi
High power sport rocketry for me. I'm currently building a carbon fiber airframe that is expected to fly to 12,000 feet +

I was into model rockets when I was a kid and this sounds like it might be awesome to me. And a little dangerous, How bigs the rocket? Can you post up a pic? If it's not top secret that is. Haha

A loosly fitted cap on a water bottle ,twisted under pressure ,at a camp fire can give you 10m acuracy with force to knock cans over.and after several inflations and twists you get your money back at a lesser square footage for transport.

Last edited:
Other than fishing salt chuck you can find me fishing the rivers from about sept 20th onward. Im a welder so you can imagine I fix and build ***** in my spare time. I also enjoy building furniture. Smoking meat is a great hobby. Started making my own bacon this year. Never go back!

image.jpeg
Thi

I was into model rockets when I was a kid and this sounds like it might be awesome to me. And a little dangerous, How bigs the rocket? Can you post up a pic? If it's not top secret that is. Haha

Here are a couple of pictures (assuming that I have the whole picture upload thing right). The white rocket is my Level 2 bird and flew to a little over a mile high (confirmed by onboard altimeter). The black rocket is a new carbon fiber bird that I am building and is expected to fly to 12,000 feet +. It's actually not a dangerous hobby as long as one follows proper safety precautions and uses common sense.
image.jpeg image.jpeg

Back