Ottawa Says No Fish For You

Fool me once shame on you... Fool me twice shame on me... Sad to say No one to blame but ourselves. . How many time do we listen to those who are representing the rec fishing sector until we realize the strategy of playing nice and playing by the rules jsut don't frekin work???? How many times? We are the dumb and stupid fools... Why would this year be different than previous years? DFO are like used car salesmen who sell lemon cars... Tell you what you want to hear, give you hope, say all the right things and then next thing you know your pants are down to your ankles and you just got shafted.

Letters dont frekin work... Writing a huge proposal and trying to use logic, common sense and data in our proposal to DFO doesn't work... All we do is sit and wait and hope for the best.. Then when the ****** news comes out, we get pissed but don't do anything about it. Next year same **** will happen. How is it that deep down inside everyone would have been content if they kept the regulations the same as last year when those weren't even acceptable? With the crappy new regs this year, does that mean next year we will hope they keep them the same as this year? It a damn game of chicken and we Always flinch first. They know we won't make a stink about it. Why do you think FN can do as they please on the rivers and oceans? Because there will be a **** storm by every FN group in the province if a confrontation happens.. And DFO knows it.

No more playing nice. No more freaking proposals.. We need to make a stance and draw a line in the sand. Otherwise this **** will happen year after year.

Fool me once shame on you... Fool me twice shame on me... Sad to say No one to blame but ourselves. . How many time do we listen to those who are representing the rec fishing sector until we realize the strategy of playing nice and playing by the rules jsut don't frekin work???? How many times? We are the dumb and stupid fools... Why would this year be different than previous years? DFO are like used car salesmen who sell lemon cars... Tell you what you want to hear, give you hope, say all the right things and then next thing you know your pants are down to your ankles and you just got shafted.

Letters dont frekin work... Writing a huge proposal and trying to use logic, common sense and data in our proposal to DFO doesn't work... All we do is sit and wait and hope for the best.. Then when the ****** news comes out, we get pissed but don't do anything about it. Next year same **** will happen. How is it that deep down inside everyone would have been content if they kept the regulations the same as last year when those weren't even acceptable? With the crappy new regs this year, does that mean next year we will hope they keep them the same as this year? It a damn game of chicken and we Always flinch first. They know we won't make a stink about it. Why do you think FN can do as they please on the rivers and oceans? Because there will be a **** storm by every FN group in the province if a confrontation happens.. And DFO knows it.

No more playing nice. No more freaking proposals.. We need to make a stance and draw a line in the sand. Otherwise this **** will happen year after year.
The reason FN can do what they want is because they have the support of the people that have nothing to do with the industry. This isn't going to get better for us. Every dam Facebook post turns into some racist rant in the comments and usually by some douche holding up a dead tyee. We will not win that fight.

When the minister in charge of the fisheries lasy year was reelected the message sent was very clear. Honestly guys....

Ugh, brutal. I just scrolled through this thread to catch up.

So, down here in the Vancouver area we can't target chinook until Sept...but can we still go fishing and target coho? That's the way I read it. And if you happen to hook a chinook you have to release it prior to Sept 1. Hmmm

Last edited:
So, down here in the Vancouver area we can't target chinook until August...but can we still go fishing and target coho? That's the way I read it. And if you happen to hook a chinook you have to release it prior to Aug 1. For month of Aug there's a slot of 65-80cm. Hmmm

Actually it’s sept 1, unless you go over to thrasher then it’s a slot in August

For Vancouver

o Apr. 1 to Jul. 31, Chinook non-retention

o NEW: Aug. 1 to August 31, 1 Chinook per day with a maximum size limit of 80 cm

o Sept. 1 to Dec. 31, 2 Chinook per day

o NEW: No fishing for salmon/Chinook from April 1 to Aug 31 in the following areas: Subareas 28-1, that portion of Subarea 28-2 that lies southerly of a line drawn due east from Halkett Point to Lions Bay on the mainland and Subareas 28-7 to 28-9. Those portions of Subareas 29-3 to 29-5 that lie south of a line from the southern tip of Valdes Island then extending to Gibsons.
Terminal Chinook opportunities will be considered near major hatcheries
January 1 – March 31: 2 Chinook per day

I’m up for a blockade! I’m in.
Also we need drones on the river posting videos of the slaughter. Pictures are worth a thousand words, and social media is were you get the public’s attention.

Not advocating anything here,
When push comes to shove it will get to the point when we have, in this day and age, race based fisheries, or anything race based, that there will be push back from the affected and the "authorities" will have a much larger issue to deal with in the end.
Releasing any sport caught spring only to be caught in a net a few days later in a river due to your race is racism

The government has created a time bomb, and its ticking.

Last edited:
we, in western provinces, didn’t vote these incompetent clowns into the office. We’re really fu$&ked by those in the east, almost in all aspects.

I'm in Jonathan Wilkinson's riding. I was certain that this riding would flip back to Ralph Saxton (Conservative) but the Lonsdale corridor voted strongly Liberal (again). I couldn't believe it.

I'm in Jonathan Wilkinson's riding. I was certain that this riding would flip back to Ralph Saxton (Conservative) but the Lonsdale corridor voted strongly Liberal (again). I couldn't believe it.
I hear ya. But if you look at the bigger picture of AB and BC, Libs weren’t even close to their original targets.

Back