Osoyoos sockeye 2016

HI,
A couple of questions:
Is sockeye fishing only good in the morning on Osoyoos lake or do people fish in the evening as well?
How much longer will Osoyoos lake be open for sockeye fishing??
Thanks!

Much Better in the morning but can be caught anytime. Don't know when they will close it. The commercial boat has been out there all week also.

Had my last go at sockeye this past Sunday. Got all our fish in one 45 minute window, completely quiet before and after that. Odd.

we were out yesterday, got 5 fairly quickly then a couple hours till the 6th. some of them are coloring up a bit but still good.

Yesterday was the last day. Good time had by all. Thanks to ONA and their funding partners (mostly American) for their work in restoring this run so we all get a shot at some fish.

Agreed, what a "GREAT" fisheries they have achieved for Osoyoos lake.
I have a pantry full of canned Sockeye, cant wait till next year.

Canned, eh? Never think of doing that. Grew up in Australia where the only form of salmon was from a can, once I moved here and discovered how good fresh salmon tasted, I never went back to canned. This year's sockeye I either served fresh same day or gave away to friends. Might have one pair of fillets in the freezer.

Is there a full documentary on this and where could I find it? Thanks for posting

Has anyone heard of any estimates for this year? I had a buddy move there recently and was thinking of giving it a shot

Alexandra Morton made the same mistake, calling a Harrison River sockeye a coho, a few years ago ... hard to get good help;)

Back