Osoyoos Lake Sockeye 2020

You think the commander would be out of place on the lake?

Catch sox in the sound and inlet
Oh really? Ha! What a dumbass I am. Here I am thinking your talking some ****. Whoops! Well thanks man you bring up a really good point in that case. :)

I used to own property in Osoyoos and spent many many summers there. Never had the chance to do this so I thought I'd be fun to try. Have friends all over the cokenogan. I'd probably just be doing it in my inflatable though, I'd be the first one to laugh at a guy in a 30 footer in that lake.

@Raincity lol the launches prob wont support your 30'.... biggest I saw a couple years ago was I think a 25' kingfisher and it was tight.
I remember a guy years ago staying at the Desert Surfside that had a 35' flybridge and it just looked ridiiiiiculous lol. Good point with the launches though.

Something else for folks to consider is that anyone driving any distance to this fishery is likely travelling further distance than it would take to access a good number of Interior lakes that support Kokanee that are not only larger (do your research on GoFishBC, lots of lakes stocked w/ Triploid Kokes that regularly exceed 3+ lbs) than these very small sockeye. Resident triploid kokes will also have 100% of their stored fat and oil vs Okanogan Sox that have burned off 60-80% of theirs during the long, upstream journey in very warm water to get to Osoyoos lake.

Good for locals, for sure, but being from the Loops I personally wouldn't drive past Monte or Kal Lk to fish Osoyoos. But if you’re already there for a summer vacay, not a bad idea to slow troll a dodger and squirt in the early am before the fam wakes up for the beach?!!

Cheers!

Ukee

When does osoyoos usually open up for sockeye? I seem to remember it being in august but I’m heading up mid July and wondering if I should bring the boat

When does osoyoos usually open up for sockeye? I seem to remember it being in august but I’m heading up mid July and wondering if I should bring the boat

late july and aug but depends on the run and if they even open it up to rec fishing.. I havent heard anything yet.

Back