Organizing pre-tied leaders of different sizes and Net storage ideas

westburg

Hey everyone, was wondering if I could get some ideas on how you organize your leaders. wether you have 2, 3, 4, 6 and 8 foot leaders for different fishing. Also how do you store your net when fishing. Would love to see some pics.

put your net on top of your cabin or top thats where I put mine but leave some of the net overhanging the window as a reminder that is there before you take off and it goes flying

...but leave some of the net overhanging the window as a reminder that is there before you take off and it goes flying

Wish I had read that advice a few times in the past...lol. New boat has a holder, but made a few u-turns in the old one LOL.

put your net on top of your cabin or top thats where I put mine but leave some of the net overhanging the window as a reminder that is there before you take off and it goes flying

Good advice. Just make sure there is nothing for it to snagged on cuz it will happen when you need it land that biggun.

Another tip is to make the net floatable. I seal off each end of the aluminum net tube with spray foam.

Depending on what you do with your leaders......are they pre-tied on spoons, teasers, hoochies etc you can get the foam tubes that go around plumbing as insulation. I have been doing that for a few years now and although it's not bad I am looking for a better option.

Nice thing about the foam is there is a groove in it for where it would normally be able to open up to go around the pipe, you can stick your swivel in there to hold it in place and then just wrap around the foam and stick the hook into it.

You can make leader boards from old election signs. You can cut them to size for the length of spoon, etc. Grooves can be cut and slits made to hold the mono.
Stay away from the paint they use because hootchies react with it. Then slip them into large plastic bags.
You can write on them with felt pen regarding the test, etc.

Check out rig wraps, I was sceptical at first but after 2 seasons now I cant find a reason to use something else.
I hang them all on the rim of a bucket, after use I toss them in the bucket (I fill with FW every trip) for a rinse and then pull them out and hang them on the rim to dry........
The whole rig including the swivels get an immediate FW douche and stay untangled.

Over the years I used straws/leader wallets/water filters and leader holders like pips but the rig wraps are by far the easiest and most convenient for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Check out rig wraps, I was sceptical at first but after 2 seasons now I cant find a reason to use something else.
I hang them all on the rim of a bucket, after use I toss them in the bucket (I fill with FW every trip) for a rinse and then pull them out and hang them on the rim to dry........
The whole rig including the swivels get an immediate FW douche and stay untangled.

Over the years I used straws/leader wallets/water filters and leader holders like pips but the rig wraps are by far the easiest and most convenient for me.

Sr SQ, there can I get these rig wraps...I currently use 1 flasher bag with 2 flashers in each slot. that works great but when I need to change out fast, I end up having to re tie. PITA...I also use straws with pre-tied and hooked up to a few spoons and hootchies. ALl these ideas are great, thanks guys...

the current system I run my anchovy leaders...17 per container X 2 the other 2 have tied up leaders just add the current flavor of teaser head that working....

Attachments

• Nanaimo G-20140226-00665.jpg
    Nanaimo G-20140226-00665.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 379
  • Nanaimo G-20140226-00666.jpg
    Nanaimo G-20140226-00666.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 385
Derby.....always was envious of your set up when you showed be a couple of years ago. :cool:

On a side note as someone else mentioned....anyone have an image of a 'rig wrap' or where to get them? Google isn't being so friendly in searching this out. Everything is "wrapping your rig"....as in vehicle or add in fishing and it seems to incorporate the wraps in tying knots on your rigs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I go to the dollar store and grab 2 rolls of the plastic coated wire and use that..works great re useable and cheap...:)

the back up to the back up.......

Attachments

• Nanaimo G-20140226-00668.jpg
    Nanaimo G-20140226-00668.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 367
the current system I run my anchovy leaders...17 per container X 2 the other 2 have tied up leaders just add the current flavor of teaser head that working....

not sure I have the patience for it, but damn that's a nice clean way to organize things.

Personally I tie up a half dozen rigs I'm going to use that day and lay them out on the dash - end of the day if they're still in good shape they go in plano boxes

Back