Orca science?

islandboy

Interesting way of looking at the truth

A very important portion of this presentations can be seen in this video starting at 12:30 going to 15:50. I found this very interesting.

Interesting way of looking at the truth

Everyone should watch this. It peals back the exaggerations and falsehoods regarding health and numbers of Orcas that are fueling the salmon closures. Only negative is he compared an image of a pregnant female against a non-pregnant female to support his malnutrition argument.

Last edited:

Even though he is a respected researcher of Killer Whales, you won't see the David Suzuki Foundation, the Raincoast Conservation Society, or the Sierra club, and others quoting him. It doesn't fit their agenda... Meanwhile, Suzuki himself catches Chinook, and retains them, despite his organization's campaign against Chinook retention. What a hypocrite...

I am pretty sure nobody knows "the truth" on this issue.

Actions are being both proposed & taken.

Until the truth is known, I support giving the Salmon/Orca the benefit of the doubt.

We will survive just fine w/o eating Chinook - they won't.

I am pretty sure nobody knows "the truth" on this issue.

Actions are being both proposed & taken.

Until the truth is known, I support giving the Salmon/Orca the benefit of the doubt.

We will survive just fine w/o eating Chinook - they won't.
Actually you’re dismissing the research as “unknown “ it’s not unknown, it’s known. I would think the top predator in the ocean will eat if it’s hungry and it will adapt to whatever conditions it’s confronted with. These are highly intelligent animals. Seals are intelligent creatures but Orca find, and kill these highly intelligent animals, so it stands to reason that if a seal can adapt to environmental conditions, an Orca sure can.! Dolphins and Porpoises are also highly intelligent and they too ate doing well in bc waters, and Orca routinely kill these species. Logic people, simple logic. Food availability is not what threatens our Orca. The grab in the 50’s and 60’s to stock aquariums hurt this population and a lack of breeding females has all but guaranteed their demise. Without a breeding program by the US and Canada they’ll be gone in a 100 years. But they won’t starve, they just won’t breed fast enough to offset natural mortality within the colony. Stopping us from having access to Chinook salmon is a political decision based on public opinion polls and optics, nothing more. We were punished to help Justin Trudeau stay PM, and no other reason.

Back