Orca’s chase fishing boat.

Wow, what an experience that would be.

I’m sure they were just playing but pretty unnerving non the less.

Wow, what an experience that would be.

I’m sure they were just playing but pretty unnerving non the less.
F***ing terrifying! :eek:

I hear Orcas in other parts of the world aren't as Willy-esque as they are here :confused:

Why=Because they can. Must be awesome to be the biggest, meanest SOB in the ocean. Maybe when the salmon are gone they will switch prey and videos like this will have a new meaning. Ha ha Awesome creatures. Do remember a rescue when the crazy one on west coast of island towed a sailboat backwards taking their dingy in its mouth and pulling on it. They cut dingy loose and called mayday, when we got there they were **** scared. I am amazed by every encounter.

HM

I was fishing up at Blackfish Sound once in a 16' Lund when a pod of Orca's appeared. They spent a considerable amount of time around what quickly felt like a very very very small boat. At one point two of them headed straight at the boat and then sounded under it. Could look straight down and see them. My brother and I were too amazed and awe struck at the time to be scared. Latter we kind of got the shakes when we realized what happened. It's one of the things that I love so much about being on the water. It seems like a new awe inspiring moment is always around the corner.

Last edited:
same thing happened to me and my brother in a 12' lund and i wasnt to overjoyed at the time. Was the coolest experience if had with one of them but damn was it freaky.

this video was in the Sea of Cortez. Wild Killer Whales have never killed a human in the wild or maliciously attacked a boat. Killer Whales are significantly smarten than most humans.

beemer

Just doing a little body surfing,good times on the water.They sure had some foul mouthed characters on the boat.

Just doing a little body surfing,good times on the water.They sure had some foul mouthed characters on the boat.
There just checking thing out and playing.... A couple of years ago while fishing at Gonzales Point (Golf Course) I watched as the pod came from the marina side
following the shore line. When they got near me I waved the handle of my fishing net in the water making a swishing sound.
The two large males left the pod and came right to the point and spy-hopped right in front of me. No more than 8-10 feet away from me.

Killer whales have maliciously attacked boats.

• On June 15, 1972, the hull of the 13-metre-long (43 ft) wooden schooner Lucette was damaged by a pod of killer whales and sank approximately 320 kilometres (200 mi) west of the Galapagos Islands. Dougal Robertson and his family of five escaped to an inflatable life raft and a dinghy.[9]

Back