Ooop, should have topped up that gas tank

Yikes...skegs look OK and the motors are trimmed so ya, looks like they drifted to shore which is odd, you would think the anchor would have held? Maybe they just decided to beach it for lunch? Odd the fender is out too and that looks like some sort of business name down the sides...never a dull moment on the seas!

Yikes...skegs look OK and the motors are trimmed so ya, looks like they drifted to shore which is odd, you would think the anchor would have held? Maybe they just decided to beach it for lunch? Odd the fender is out too and that looks like some sort of business name down the sides...never a dull moment on the seas!
Yeah, looks like April Point Resort.

oh no, i watched the whole slow trainwreck unfold - they ran out of gas well offshore - and then slowly drifted into the beach -was quite interesting watch them drop the anchor AFTER they hit bottom.
They had called their staff to "rescue them" - twin 200s - their staff showed up with a 5l can!?!
Classic case of more money than sense - I don't normally like to laugh at others misfortune, but its that kind of negligence that gives all boaters a bad name

oh no, i watched the whole slow trainwreck unfold - they ran out of gas well offshore - and then slowly drifted into the beach -was quite interesting watch them drop the anchor AFTER they hit bottom.
They had called their staff to "rescue them" - twin 200s - their staff showed up with a 5l can!?!
Classic case of more money than sense - I don't normally like to laugh at others misfortune, but its that kind of negligence that gives all boaters a bad name

guessing the posse didn’t make it in time??

Attachments

• E4FF75C8-C732-4C55-AED0-551C875338F9.jpeg
    E4FF75C8-C732-4C55-AED0-551C875338F9.jpeg
    394.3 KB · Views: 149
Nope, got there just in time to hold their shoes so they didn't get wet when they stepped off.
They ended up being REALLY lucky - gentle touchdown - C-tow arrived a few hours later with a guy in a drysuit who walked the anchor out as far as they could. When the tide came in it gently floated off, sat at anchor until a few hours later it was towed away - there was a 30kt SE forecast that amazingly held off long enough to complete the operation - I was sure I was going to have a new lawn ornament in the morning!

I thought that at first, but on retrospect, I've changed my mind - we are all being told this virus isn't going anywhere and this is the new normal, and we have to find ways to adapt and operate in the "new normal" - and that includes the CG, SAR, paramedics etc.
Idiots like these will always be out there, so unfortunately it's something they are going to have to learn to deal with - telling everyone to "stay home" isn't a viable long term solution.

if the coast guard is so busy and scared of a pandemic,, why are they running rhiot school? I will be buddy boating..

Has absolutely nothing to do with covid and staying in ,, thats just plain and downright dumb and inexperience!!!!!!!! happens all the time people that think they are "mariners" btw from the report coast guard wasnt called but C tow...

Perhaps the gas tank sender was broken, and said 1/2 tank.

Doesnt sound like it .....sounds like a bunch of dumbassery going on to set anchor as you hit shore like REALLY??? thats boating 101 isnt it??? before you hit land???

Doesnt sound like it .....sounds like a bunch of dumbassery going on to set anchor as you hit shore like REALLY??? thats boating 101 isnt it??? before you hit land???
mistakes where made. doh!

Has absolutely nothing to do with covid and staying in ,, thats just plain and downright dumb and inexperience!!!!!!!! happens all the time people that think they are "mariners" btw from the report coast guard wasnt called but C tow...
they didn't call the CG but when i did call (when they were about to hit the dirt) was told someone else had phone in a report a while before. CG was glad to get the details - although to be honest i was a bit annoyed at the waste of resources - not from the initial call but when i called back to say boat was high and dry and i had personally watched the operators walk away, they still sent out the RCM SAR for a look-see. Sure enough they drove out, bobbed around for 5 minutes, realized it was too shallow to do anything, and off back to Comox

Back