Online fishing licences

sammyslabber

Trying to download a recreational saltwater fishing licence;it's down ,the website displays:
[h=2]404 - File or directory not found.[/h][h=3]The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.[/h]

Well it's down stores are issuing a hard copy emergency licences. Could believe it when I seen it today at Gone Fishing in Courtenay.

...and on the weekend leading up to Canada Day...:rolleyes:

It's a flawed system. Guests are having a ton of issues getting licenses for charters and with remote towns having limited internet it's becoming a nightmare.

Old license expired end of March right? Guests from out of town are responsible for their own license right? Where is the problem? Foresight I think is the biggest problem here. Government is something you should NEVER count on......ever.

I think considering the commodity that is sold from this gov service, a more appropriate maintenance window could have been selected. Like mid-week not around a long weekend for example. I think they would have less likelihood of impacting the target audience. ;) Not bitchin' just sayin'.

Can't imagine waiting till the last minute before a big trip to buy a license.
after all its good for a year, why not get one right off the hop ?

Can't imagine waiting till the last minute before a big trip to buy a license.
after all its good for a year, why not get one right off the hop ?

I agree it doesn't make sense but it's how most people roll. Has already been happening, mostly it's the printing issue.

I got my license a while back online;it was my son's first trip out,new kid & all. So yes it was his only window; sorry r.s not everyone is as prepared as you.:)

BTW he got up early; site still wasn't working at 8:30 am,tried a couple of places on the way,same story no hard copies too boot...found one at Pedder Bay. In the end it doesn't say much for the DFO run our fishery;if it's broke why wait for a long weekend to fix it.

I think considering the commodity that is sold from this gov service, a more appropriate maintenance window could have been selected. Like mid-week not around a long weekend for example. I think they would have less likelihood of impacting the target audience. ;) Not bitchin' just sayin'.

Invited a friend to fish today but we tried and failed to get a online fishing license.
It's only his second time salmon fishing so he would never think to get one in April.
You would think that on such a popular long weekend the site would be up and working...
unless that was the plan from Ottawa...
300K saltwater licenses last year, perhaps they would like a smaller number.
Seems every time I turn some new roadblock gets stuck into the rec fishing community.
And they wonder why we get pissed at them....

I had out of town guests from Arizona out for a couple of hours this afternoon and they tried all day yesterday to get a licence. I finally told them to print a screen shot of the "site unavailable" message and bring that with them to show if we got stopped.
T2

Back