On-board battery charger

staying alive

had a promariner prosport 12 battery charger for my boat , starter and house battery ,it’s lasted for about 4 years now no power coming out of unit ,figured it should last longer than that so I’m done with promariner
Any recommendations for a new charger was thinking the Bluesea P12
Boat sits on a trailer in my yard ,I like to plug it in and forget about it

Just put this one in my boat 3 days ago so can’t say if it’s going to be good or not, price was right, charges all batteries, we will see I guess. $160.00 at CT.

https://no.co/genm2

I take my battery out over winter but during the season i use a small battery maintainer called Battery Tender + at Canadian tyre. I also have one on my trailer all winter. Certainly not waterproof but work well for me.

Just put this one in my boat 3 days ago so can’t say if it’s going to be good or not, price was right, charges all batteries, we will see I guess. $160.00 at CT.

https://no.co/genm2
I've owned this identical charger for 2 years now and highly recommend it.It's a multi stage smartcharger so it takes longer to top them back up compared to a standard trickle charger,but your batteries will thank you for it.Got mine on Amazon on sale for $120.00.

Can't go wrong with the NOCO Genius. Note that are 3 different versions of this charger starting with the Gen1 which can be found online for about $150.00 CA. The Gen 2 and 3 are correspondingly higher price.

Anybody use the guest brand of charger
Had a 2 bank onboard guest charger in my boat for about 5 years and had no issues with it. Plugged it in during boats non use so it was convenient and worry free.Liked the fact like others that it visually gave a status of battery state.

My Prosport Mariner is going strong after 14 years.
Last month I needed to know a detail about their fusing, emailed them and had a helpful reply the same day.

Thanks for everyone’s replies , decided to replace with the same ProMariner ProSport 12 but it’s 3rd generation so hopefully it is improved and lasts longer than 4 years
Have a nice mounting spot already cutout for it in the side upholstery so wasn’t up to do more modifications for a different brand (size)
Have too many other repairs to do to get out on the water
If it sucks I’ll let you know
Got it this morning at Basspro , took the dogs for a walk down at the beach by the ferries waiting for it to open and witnessed a certain ethnic group with buckets of undersized crab
They don’t get it that we have plenty because we don’t abuse it , but they think it’s ok to strip mine the ocean.
We all see it all over and shake our heads at zero enforcement, but us guys with sport boats get held to higher standard
Rant for today

Back