Olympic Boats

Discussion in 'Boats, Motors, Trailers and Towing Rigs Forum' started by Capt_Ed, Nov 22, 2017.

1. Capt_Ed

Capt_Ed Active Member

Saw this one for sale and its doing something for me. Needs everything but I like the lines. olympic boat.jpg

bigdogeh and trophywife like this.
  2. dmurph

dmurph Well-Known Member

Nice looking, wonder how it handled with the custom pilot house. Could be a sweet set up with new power

3. trophywife

trophywife Well-Known Member

pod and a 2 fiddy

4. ChilliSpoons

ChilliSpoons Active Member

Look gold. How much?

5. ericl

ericl Well-Known Member

Don't know details, but down in WA where they are made they have a good reputation.

6. pescador

pescador Well-Known Member

I see a couple every year at Nootka. One guys off shore every day in pretty snotty weather. I thinks he’s got a 250 ob on his. I think they’re pretty solid. He’s from Wa

7. ExFlyGuy

ExFlyGuy Well-Known Member

8. Ceilidh69

Ceilidh69 Member

That looks like a good deal.

9. Rayvon

Rayvon Active Member

Looks like a nice boat,but check out who did the cabin conversion and how,what material etc..Those sea drives are obsolete now ,so only option is to pod it and add new power.Caaaching $.20-$30K.

10. ericl

ericl Well-Known Member

Excellent advice above - dunno what it's worth but doubtful it's worth what he wants as he seems to be in serious denial about his engine.

11. dmurph

dmurph Well-Known Member

Looks like it's already podded. Would be a gamble as there is no way to sea trial with a blown motor though. No way to know how the pod and cabin mods affect the hull ride

12. Capt_Ed

Capt_Ed Active Member

That's not actually a pod, it's all part of the OMC sea drive

13. Damien

Damien Active Member

New Paint with Blown Engine = Restored Ready to Fish

14. Wild Bill

Wild Bill Active Member

I think it's a sweet looking hull, pod and engine on top of it. A lot of similar running boats you would pay $30000 and so engine or leg goes 100 hours later. This one Easy to pod.
    Like if it was aluminum it would be a $100000 boat without power. I could live with it!

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
  15. bigdogeh

bigdogeh Well-Known Member

Trailer looks pretty decent as well. Lots of rollers. Would be nice to see a few more pics of the interior layout.