Okanagan Shore Fishing Around Kelowna

Pippen

Hey Guys,

A buddy is going up to the Okanagan in the Kelowna area and he 10 year old has caught the fishing bug REAL bad.

Any recommendations of places to try and what could be caught when fishing from shore?

I've caught pike minnows and trout off the dock at our family cabin in the McKinley neighbourhood on the big lake, but mom and her sibs sold it. There is a beach access every 8 houses or so along the bottom roads. Bobber and bait. Kids fish from shore around the boat launch in Okanagan Center as well.
Places that are close and pretty easy to find are Shannon Lake (trout and l.m. bass), Rose Valley Reservoir (trout bit of a hike in), the west shore of Wood Lake ( it used to be the highway but now is a pleasant bike path and slow drive lots of pullouts -kokanee, and some course fish). I've seen people fish from shore at James Lake, Beaver Lake, Postill Lake and McCullough Lake, but they are all a bit of a drive.
Troutwaters store can help. I imagine they are open now, but don't know for sure. Another small shop that is open is A and C Sports.

The rail trail just south of Kekuli Bay is a nice, easy access spot with a paved road and parking lot at the Provincial Park. Hall Road pond is freshly stocked with catchable trout and is right in Kelowna.

Hey Guys,

A buddy is going up to the Okanagan in the Kelowna area and he 10 year old has caught the fishing bug REAL bad.

Any recommendations of places to try and what could be caught when fishing from shore?

use the new fishing dock in peachland later in the day and cast out into the deeper water with spoons, also could try from shore at antler beach evening fishing is usually good from shore seen guys get rainbows in the 4lb range before out there.

Back