Okanagan Lake March 26/17

kingblazer84

Well finally made it back out with a buddy of mine after getting married last week and all the whirlwind tour after it! was a beautiful day yesterday water was like glass, was out on the water by 7:30am just off peachland, trolled out towards rattle snake island and passed squally point we were trolling a couple lines.

All of a sudden my rear rod which was right on the surface no weight just a chrome apex.. it went OFF! screaming and peeling line, the fight was on!

After about 25min battle cranked in this nice sized 6lb+ 25" rainbow couldnt have asked for a better result!

F889C83C-BB1E-4998-B117-028A3254FBFD_zpsbnsqez5i.jpg

F07E97DA-E66E-4E3E-9AA8-802ED084952B_zpsrrn1t3dj.jpg

Last edited:
Okanagan joke. Someone posted a pic on the local FB group of a rainbow that looked barely 5 lb and claimed it was 9.2, so obviously a porky that everyone giggled. Ever since it's been the automatic weight claimed or commented of virtually every fish pic posted. Likewise, the standard answer when asked where the fish was caught is Duck Lake. All fish are caught at Duck Lake, nowhere else. I know there's a few here from that group, just havin a chuckle.

Nice fish. Nice to see you and your two buddies hook up. Dumb rule, but...

IT IS UNLAWFUL TO....

Use more than one fishing line, EXCEPT a person who is alone in a boat on a lake may angle with
two lines.

Nice fish. Nice to see you and your two buddies hook up. Dumb rule, but...

IT IS UNLAWFUL TO....

Use more than one fishing line, EXCEPT a person who is alone in a boat on a lake may angle with
two lines.

He's allowed to run 3 rods if there is 3 anglers with licenses onboard

Back