Okanagan lake is finally starting to pick up.

what Karma said, would love to see some pics of the OK Bows! And go for the go pro. I have a hero 2, its cheap on the used market now. Battery life is 2.5, about the same as the 8GB sd card it takes (2 hours 1080p film time).

pics from OKL would be great! Cheers

Born and raised in Kelowna but have been living in Calgary for a few year now. Will be there for a week in August with a 17 ft boat. Doesn't seem from looking at Google to be a lot of good boat launches. Would have thought there where more on the Kelowna side. Want to try for Kokanee, mostly as Mom who still lives there ewants a taste. Still have the equipment Apexs, wedding rings and troll some Streamers I tie and work on the Shuswap. etc. We fished Galetly Bay a lot and the south side of the bridge in the middle in those days but the boat traffic I hear can be heavy. Just bought a Lowrance Elite 7 so hoping it will help spot fish. Any tips close to that time or PM's will be appreciated.

Going out for 5:00 am Sunday hopefully the the Rainbows will be up early too, maybe we will try and catch a few Kokanee if the trout aren't cooporating

We where fishing on Okanagan last week for several days. Did OK early morning, till about 10am when the bit was off. 2 to 3 rainbows and about a 8 - 10 Kokanee a day. We had luck with large bucktails for the trout and Kokkiller lures with small flashers for the koks. Also caught a few Koks on the fly rod with type 7 sink lines and small florescent streamers (an old method I used when I lived there) which was a bonus. The Lowrance Elite 7 sonar was a must as it found us the Kokanee schools and kept us in the money. Some luck off Gellatly Bay but found it better around the bend past Rattlesnake Island. Also took a few whitefish close to the logs off Bear creek. All and all a fun time.

Back