Okanagan lake is finally starting to pick up.

Fisher_dude

Crew Member
Managed 4 to the boat today, all were released to bite again. These 2 being the largest and they were a double header to boot! The wife was pretty stoked. That's her largest rainbow to date.

562553_10152767971720335_1211760439_n1_zps87dd42a7.jpg

931336_10152767962190335_1461854619_n_zps5d0e1c88.jpg

Caught the first 2 within 500 yards of the bridge and then 2 probably 800-1000 yards from the bridge. All on the south side. All in the middle of the lake.

I'm heading out there on Saturday will anyone be heading out there? I will be on channel 68 on the VHF. Jay got some real nice bows last week on buck tails so that's my plan of attack!

I will be out if at all possible, I will likely try my light blue Mac's Squid and or a Pink and White or Olive Green Bucktails, I will be out close to OK Center

well, just got back in. Had to be home early to make the wife dinner. Im not complaining. My dad and I went 6 for 11. No camera today but they all ranged in size from 2-5 lbs. Lost an absolute beauty way behind the boat. Had him on for 5 minuets or so and he gave us a pretty decent jumping show 100 yards back. Around the 10 lb mark I figure. Definitely bigger than the biggest one yesterday. Had quite a few more hits as well. And for dinner, im having a nice big fresh Koakanee on the BBQ. I was surprised to catch one while bucktailing. Its the biggest kokanee that ive ever caught out of the lake. Talked to another guy at the boat launch that left the same time we did and got back the same time we did and he didnt catch a thing. Funny how that works. All our fish were caught on top in various depths from 500 up. As well, we didnt get into any fish until the water temp went up to 48 and higher. Not even a nibble in the colder water.

Back