OFFICIAL 2016 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_2151.JPGMust be a stunning morning out there today for anyone who went. I hould have gone today vs yesterday a.m. ... anyways. Yesterday's report ... left the dock at 9am and it was flat with a bit of a breeze in the harbour so I thought I would do a quick run over over to Tunstall as it would be protected from the easterly and then head back before the wind really whipped up. Peaceful but busy and damp solo fishing with the wet snow snow falling. Released 6 just undersized, did the unintentional catch and release early on losing two really nice fish, and finally put two keepers in the box just before noon. Packed up and did the bounce back to the dock in the face of the easterly with the weather report to the much better half being "good that she stayed home".

View attachment 30893Must be a stunning morning out there today for anyone who went. I hould have gone today vs yesterday a.m. ... anyways. Yesterday's report ... left the dock at 9am and it was flat with a bit of a breeze in the harbour so I thought I would do a quick run over over to Tunstall as it would be protected from the easterly and then head back before the wind really whipped up. Peaceful but busy and damp solo fishing with the wet snow snow falling. Released 6 just undersized, did the unintentional catch and release early on losing two really nice fish, and finally put two keepers in the box just before noon. Packed up and did the bounce back to the dock in the face of the easterly with the weather report to the much better half being "good that she stayed home".

What was the measurement on the larger fish?

Since Santa brought me some new cold weather gloves and a new net, thought I should at least try BOTH of them out :) - 2 shakers and one nice shiny little keeper on a army truck hootchie - out around the freighters. A couple rain/sleets showers but the sun also came out for a bit - nice day on the water.

Nice to see all the positive results locally this winter. Seems like the best start to the winter fishery in quite a while. Unfortunately, I've just been too busy to get out there lately. I hope once we're into the new year I will have more time to wet a line. Thanks for all the great reports from the guys getting out on the chuck. Keep safe on the water, and best of luck to everybody in the new year.

Nice fish there Teja and B&S!!! Good to hear they're still out there. Thinking about trying to get out Thursday if I'm able to get boat out of driveway(still lot of snow and ice on road here and a very tight gravel driveway) anyone else going to try and get out!?

Yea that sucks the hook broke off. We saw it happen. Hit pretty hard too. We zipped around tunstal real quick yesterday morning trying to mark bait. Didn't see any so we flew over to grace for 6 or 7 passes with nothing so back to tunstal. We ended up with 1 that was short, 1 in the box that put up a good fight for its sizeIMG_0262.JPG , a couple love taps that didn't stick and a massive hit that was a screamer but hook came out before we got to the rod. It was a real nice day.

Oh yea. 3.5 homeland was the only spoon to see any action for us.

Almost didnt go, but after seeing forecast for light wind I decided to make the solo trip. Had to move spots more today but eventually found some in tight after watching everyone else but me clean up on the usual deeper tack at the last drop off the day20161228_154436.jpg

Last edited:
Happy Holidays Folks,

Given that some will be out winter fishing I am just bumping a link to this diet sampling program thread to a couple of the fishing reports threads. A number of forum members have already expressed some interest. If you are interested in participating, please PM me your email address and I will send some more info. We are interested in participants from anywhere in Southern BC.

Tight lines

Will

http://www.sportfishingbc.com/forum...ational-salmon-diet-monitoring-program.64885/

Anyone planning on hittin the sound tomorrow? Looks like it could be sunny but not sure bout the wind, forecast says it could pick up overnight

First boat to tunstall, hit a couple unders and lost a keeper in a couple hours. Heard off no action @ waterfall so headed to grace, hit 5 fish but only stuck 1? Couple cm under. Good haul of prawns and thats a wrap for this year. Cheers all...

Gonna try for Sunday, pending headache
Santa gave me some prawn traps
Sounds like a busy day on the water today. Spending a 3 day stint in Seattle to keep the better half happy (great stop at LFS in Bellingham on the way ... talk about "the boating store") and looking forward to fishing Monday in the harbor or between Tunstall and Grace, weather permitting. Better half showed her concerns for either me or my income value at Christmas (either way, greatly appreciated) ... as part of my Christmas gift, I received "Autotether", a wireless.remote kill switch so I survive when I go overboard fishing solo ... brilliant idea but curious has anyone used it (p.s. Sorry for the non fishing report question)?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back