OFFICIAL 2016 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the update, we are in a 30' whaler.
I think we are going to check it out, be nice to get some sea air even if we don't go far.
Much appreciated.

The Bay....snotty and ugly water. I would not cross. Want a fish this afternoon....HITW is like a lake.

(actually I would cross...hahaha...you will get bumped around though)

What the **** is going on?!

Worst start to the year since I've been fishing here. Nothing but undersize. If that!

LOL!

It's blowing a gale down @ the dog beach.

Never complain that you have too many small fish it can always get worse-much worse.
I see what your saying. But all these little guys are good for is breaking the monotony with false hope.
If I can't fight them then eat them they are no good to me.

Got a weather update advising of winds intensifying tomorrow afternoon.
Anyone going to fish the morning? Was really hoping to get my old man on the water this weekend.

Im heading out in the morning just gonna stay local though!

HITW action was at 60 or 120. Deeper in front of the white house that sticks out like a sore thumb. On the flood.....just north of horseshoe....tons of chovies right up high.

HITW action was at 60 or 120. Deeper in front of the white house that sticks out like a sore thumb. On the flood.....just north of horseshoe....tons of chovies right up high.
I know the house your talking about its spanish looking one! Thanks for the info Pippen if its calm we might hit the hump for a few and see how that goes and work our way that way !

spent 3 hours at hitw again today. found a huge bait ball in close to the ferries right against the shore. so thick that the rods would bounce as we trolled through them.
one undersize and 5 or 6 cod to show for the efforts

By 'action' do you mean legal fish or shakers?

Had a rookie on the rods and lost a few legals and one was a nice one. "Reel fast and don't give it slack" and "keep the tip up" didn't resonate. :p

BTW.....all REAL action on bait, spoons burped up one p-cod.

Last edited:
Was out yesterday at hitw a few fish caught unfortunately not by me lol.when I came back around Pt Atkinson it was he biggest seas Ive been in on the inside here,been in heavy duty seas on the west coast many times, I have a 24 grady and had to full power to get up some of those big boys then rip down the backside of it into the next one wave coming over the top, thats when you know its big and steep.

Think he is on a 30 pursuit like Bishy but might be wrong Felix... You hear much from the rabbi anymore, I might have the wrong digits.

Nah....was helping a buddy on a 33' Grady who was taking some business associates out that he does work with. I was the gear ***** yesterday....at least they grabbed their own beers from the cooler. :p

Had a rookie on the rods and lost a few legals and one was a nice one. "Reel fast and don't give it slack" and "keep the tip up" didn't resonate. :p

BTW.....all REAL action on bait, spoons burped up one p-cod.
I don`t get it.....why is it that you give the newbs two very simple commands and yet they still cannot seem to grasp; keep the damn tip up and no slack, reel as fast as possible when that happens. Lost two good one last weekend for the exact same reason. They seem to start out ok, but after about 2 minutes the rod is damn near on the gunwale and they have stopped reeling and are watching the rod tip saying `I lost it`.........At that point my only response is `yeah you probably have`.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back