OFFICIAL 2015 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Attachments
Manage Attachments:

image.jpg (88.2 KB)
Valid file extensions: bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd txt zip
Nice 12 pounder at Quarry bay today. Porpoises on the starboard, seal lions on the port. Nice way to start spring season

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 1,171
Defence produced a 63cm hatchery spring for me yesterday .... Minimum size is 62 not 65cm as I thought it was, so he got released

Lost 200ft of cable and a ball when the prop found the wire

"Lost 200ft of cable and a ball when the prop found the wire"

check your prop seal just in case it got wrapped in
also so you don't do it again keep them turns wide

not fun losing gear
feel for yeah bro

i ran up the cliff at the waterfall a few weeks back and lost the bottom end, cannon ball, custom long release clip

now down to my last few balls have to phone go-green mr ed soon...lol

well nada for me today done a few turns at tunstall but quite a few boats where all ready working there and did not see any nets out

"Lost 200ft of cable and a ball when the prop found the wire"

check your prop seal just in case it got wrapped in
also so you don't do it again keep them turns wide

Was being pushed by wind, doing 2.8mph. I knew it was about to happen 5 seconds before it actually did. Prop seal is all good, one blade caught the wire, pulled it in to the root of the blade and ker-snap

Shoulda had the riggers extended fully
Will look into a Gaurd now

All good that's why I melt my own balls

Happened to me too a few weeks back. A piece of driftwood hit the wire and pushed it into the prop, lost 200 feet of wire, a ball, 2 release clips and a dummy flasher. Sucks man.

0a9f8e78cc46198cb82f9453c7e2ca99.jpg

80d016b827d87b6325661c9182d9e04b.jpg

7 keepers in one trap!

Where is the Hump?

Can anyone send me a google map location of where the hump is? I got one buddy telling me its just south of Bowen close to the shore and my other buddy is telling me its 5 miles south.

Going to head out tomorrow

Thanks in advance!

Anyone get out in the whitecaps and swells this morning?

Friend of mine was out for the day up around Hutt and a few other locals in Howe sound. Wasn't much for bait apparently but went 1 for 1 and landed a nice 15lb fish. Looking forward to the next few months ..... Hump/thrasher.

Back