OFFICIAL 2015 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

A lot of the area in Indian arm that you are talking about is closed ! RCA !! Just past the power station all the past the island ! No fishing !

Last edited by a moderator:
Monday produced a nice 12lber in Vancouver for us in the wind, Tuesday missed one pin popper @ tunstall. Limits of crab and average prawning.
Algae bloom appears to be in full swing, seems earlier than normal?

Nice work Bait&Sea, where'd you find your fish in vancouver on Monday?

Gout out for a quick troll after work yesterday at 530pm. Had what felt like a solid fish on tacking south from the QB but lost it as I was solo..

Nice work Bait&Sea, where'd you find your fish in vancouver on Monday?

Gout out for a quick troll after work yesterday at 530pm. Had what felt like a solid fish on tacking south from the QB but lost it as I was solo..

Between Monday and Tuesday we probably worked that tack south of QB for at least 4 hrs, lots of bait but couldnt pick anything up, got ours when we moved between Fisheries and the Pink Apartment, she was full of those perch I mentioned but hit a 4" Gibbs Gator

Monday produced a nice 12lber in Vancouver for us in the wind, Tuesday missed one pin popper @ tunstall. Limits of crab and average prawning.

Was thinking of heading out for the first time this weekend. Would this have an effect on the winter fishery as well as crabbing. Most likely launching at Cates and running up past cap and fishing that area.

Was thinking of heading out for the first time this weekend. Would this have an effect on the winter fishery as well as crabbing. Most likely launching at Cates and running up past cap and fishing that area.

Water around Vancouver is still great, the dark bloom was further out around Bowen and we still hit a good fish through it. Go for it

fished from 0550hrs to 0830hrs today, 1 undersize and lost one that seemed decent, never saw it. trolling on bottom off fisheries..

Hey guys, heading out on Saturday thinking of trolling off Gower point because the herring should be spawning there. Does anyone have any advice? I might try the Grace islets or Keats if there is no action. I'll tell you guys how I made out.

Ill be chasing herring too, was going to check tunstall bay and was going tour around anvil island, see if we can find any geese before season closes on the 10th

Out yesterday trolled for hours but nada. A couple of nice crabs though. No sign of the herring until about 6:30 when I was heading in, nice little school of them between Grace islets and Keats. Lost a downrigger ball yesterday with a couple hundred feet of wire and 2 snap releases and a dummy flasher, that hurt.

epsom pt produced a nice one for my friends today
reports it was 22lbs
me fished local; with nothing but flatties after dragging bottom
and a nice tangle to end the day

We fished Local today as well. Couple shakers and made a tack to the pink buildings at the end of the day and nailed this one, put up a heck of a fight too.

Attachments

• 20150308_133718_resized.jpg
    20150308_133718_resized.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 789
Fished local as well this afternoon aiming for low slack in Howe Sound. Hard to believe that we call this 'winter', what ever it is we have been having! Got a teenager, bunch of crabs and a most fantastic sunset when I got back that turned my moorage into the most beautiful place in the world.

IMG_1730res.jpgIMG_1733res.jpgIMG_1739res.jpg into the

Back